fish rails

Feb 5, 2003
Visit site
thankx a lot. by the way i am refering to a retro fish.

i supose this is a very common subject for you, but here in spain i never saw a retro fish except in picture so i would like to have some hints abouts.

hackeysaky

Miki Dora status
Dec 19, 2002
NJ
I can send some down-the-rail photos of the board on the left (my TB "retro-zenfish")

I am not in possession of the board on the right at the moment, but I should be able to get some photos of another similar fish.

mandala

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 22, 2004
Visit site
depending on your height and weight, a down rail works well to bring full volume to the rail with a flatter deck. the down rail allows you to bury the rail on an otherwise thick board. i'm 5'5"/155lbs, and i've ridden skip fryes in the 5'6" - 5'8" range with an extreme downrail out of 2-3/8" thick. really responsive on the thinner side, more forgiving for the weekend paddler on the thicker side--both benefit from a downrail. just remember to allow a radius on your rail to be able to fit at least a nickel-sized radius inside the rail profile.

also, bring the rail down from the deck using a single railband about 2-1/4' inches from the rail...

good luck > manny