First board problems: Pressure cracks

lax15player

Michael Peterson status
May 12, 2004
san diego ca.
Im getting these little pressure cracks on the bottom of my board in the glass. They are just little spider looking cracks near the fins. Why is this happening? Too much hardner? Too Thick??? whats going on!

LeeD

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jun 26, 2003
Berkeley,CA
You got little kids with little hammers hammering away at your board?
Leash have a hardspot right there?
When you move or store your board, like inside the car, does the board rest on something hard right there?
You been dragged over any shallow reefs?

lax15player

Michael Peterson status
May 12, 2004
san diego ca.
what i think it is, the resin job on the bottom had alot of flaws in it, and when i flex the board in turns or dropping in it cant take the pressure. Is this a good possibility?

LeeD

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jun 26, 2003
Berkeley,CA
Never know, stranger things have happenned!
But, not likely, especially if it's a CI board.
I'd check the things I listed first, especially the leash.
Is your board transported on the roof of the car? Or inside?

LeucadiaEight

Miki Dora status
Feb 3, 2002
Definitely sounds like it got banged on something like LeeD said. If it was from flex there would be lines perpendicular to the stringer all the way across.

lax15player

Michael Peterson status
May 12, 2004
san diego ca.
the cracks ARE perpendicular to the stringer, and they go all the way across, but only one one side of the board. I Trans. the board inside my car, and i dont know what ur talking about with the leash thing...

highline rider

Miki Dora status
Jan 31, 2003
Orange County
those cracks happen, but do not compromise the structural integrity, or so i was told by either tfad or jjr, i forget. i got some good ones on an old board from a few good wipeouts on a bigger hollower day. as long as they are water tigt they are fine, if it really bothers you you can sand off the hotcoat and reapply.