Feds Will Pay Entire Cost of Bridge Replacement?

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
All new federal construction projects over $35M have project labor agreements requiring union labor and rates. It is expected it will drive up the cost by 35%. Lots of projects out to bid right now across all federal agencies that will come in way over budget. I have a $135M headquarters out for bid right now and during the site visit the bidding general contractors said you need another $35M. Federal construction costs have tripled since 2015.

HatterasGlass

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2008
All new federal construction projects over $35M have project labor agreements requiring union labor and rates. It is expected it will drive up the cost by 35%. Lots of projects out to bid right now across all federal agencies that will come in way over budget. I have a $135M headquarters out for bid right now and during the site visit the bidding general contractors said you need another $35M. Federal construction costs have tripled since 2015.
Truth.
They are trying to do this in NC as well.
Which isn't a union state........

:trout:

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009

This was caused by diesel tank sludge from diesel bug because, I know from close contact history, that it virtually always is. It costs huge amounts of money to delay shipments and tie up ports to clean diesel tanks. It should be the duty of port operators to enforce periodic cleaning. However, they get bribed and coerced to look the other way. Failure to clean causes disasters like this one.

Try climbing into one of these tanks to clean it. Even with an exhaust fan it will turn your stomach. Nobody wants to do it. That's why we have illegals.