FCS plug advise

Feb 13, 2003
Houston, TX, USA
I've been wanting to resurect my 7'0" now that I've got some experience surfing... but I broke a fin on it a long time ago. FCS center fin. Here's the problem... I broke the fin off in the sand playing around in knee high surf in Surfside, TX one day. Pretty stupid of me... anyway, one of the plugs that the fin was mounted in cracked... not too bad, but it has a hairline crack down inside the hole of the plug and everything, exposing just a little bit of foam(?) above the plug. I was thinking suncure and a toothpick could solve my problems, but I'm not sure. Any advise on the repair besides using a different fin system? If I don't do anything, I'm affraid the foam will take in water, delaminating the board.

I'm so sick of FCS, never going to get them on another board again.

dk

Kelly Slater status
Sep 14, 2003
Leucadia
Visit site
grey,
depending on the size of the crack, suncure should be fine. as long as it not big. make sure to put plenty on, but not alter the fin.
besides that just wait untill it busts . but it sounds small so suncure should be fine. my dumbas* brother rips out fins almost monthly. i had this problem once....most of the time he hands me a set of plugs with the fin in it.
dk