Failing ESPN lauds SEC violating Red State Misogynists

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
The Saban effect: How one coach's unrelenting process has sculpted college football

"Saban might not have been the first to identify the loophole, but he took the concept of an unregulated support staff and ran with it. Alabama now has more than 40 non-coaches listed on its staff directory, including 13 "analysts" and a cadre of athletic department staffers meant to amplify the program, including graphic designers and videographers."

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/24258666/how-alabama-coach-nick-saban-unrelenting-process-sculpted-college-football

Sad

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Its not just good programs like Bama, a former colleague of mine is the videographer for Duke football, and Duke sucks

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Saban's success speaks for itself.

Saban's success at least in part comes from his recruiting ability. One would think this mean that Bama's and Saban's past successes give them the cream of the high school crop. Not so. There are lots of colleges with excellent records, and lots of better football players than the ones which Saban recruits.

How does Saban end up with the absolute stars of college football?

One reason. Saban's primary criterion for considering a candidate is coach-ability. A candidate must demonstrate, and must have demonstrated, the ability to be molded into a changing football program.

Saban and his staff do the rest.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
squidley said:
lots of better football players than the ones which Saban recruits.
Yeah, it's not like they had 7 straight #1 classes. Vanderbilt and Purdue and Wake Forest kept hogging all the 5 stars. I mean maybe if they had 12 draft picks and four first rounders this Spring, the facts would be different, but....

ifallalot said:
good programs like Bama
.............jaaaaaanitooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...........

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daily reminder that there's three people East of the Wasatch who know the Condoms won the fudgePAC-12 last year. 75% think it was Oregon, and 25% who follow college football think it was Washington with all the weapons they have on offense. People care more about whether Jalen Hurts will beat out some Freshman for the backup job behind Tua than they do about Jake Browning, Bryce Love, or Khalil Tate.

PAC-12 South is the weakest division in College football.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Something you don't find outside of the SEC.....football fans that root for a conference. Every time a SEC program is on top the rest of the conference nobodys (the rest of the SEC) jump on board.

You would never see a USC or UCLA, Ohio State or M etc etc fan rooting for the opposite. As a USC alum I have hatred deep in my heart for any other PAC12 program. FuckThhe Pac12 and the rest of the coattail riding wannabe USC teams in the division.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Coat Hanger said:
Something you don't find outside of the SEC.....football fans that root for a conference. Every time a SEC program is on top the rest of the conference nobodys (the rest of the SEC) jump on board.

You would never see a USC or UCLA, Ohio State or M etc etc fan rooting for the opposite. As a USC alum I have hatred deep in my heart for any other PAC12 program. FuckThhe Pac12 and the rest of the coattail riding wannabe USC teams in the division.
:jam_on: :jam_on: :jam_on:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Says the person who spends 0 time around ACC fans when CLIMPSIN won.
Part of it is reminding everyone of the objective fact that the SEC is the best. You might not root for the PAC-12, fine, but most PAC-12 football fans I talk to will defend the conference at large, if from nothing other than Eastern/Central time zone people not watching their games at all.

I didn't root for Alabama so much as I rooted against Georgia. You try living in a Jax Beach where "those people" win a natty. Haven't done it in 40 years and they're nigh insufferable.

But mostly I think it's an SEC East vs ACC Thanksgiving thing. Pretty much nobody with a strong traditional in-state rivalry game has it as a conference game, which is odd compared to the rest of the country, and the Saturday after Thanksgiving is the last one of the season, so everyone wants the strength of schedule jacked up.

Georgia vs. Georgia Tech
Florida vs. Florida State
South Carolina vs. CLEMPSUM
Kentucky vs. Louisville

Miami and the North Carolina schools all pull for the ACC. Tennessee and SEC West team fans generally want the SEC teams to win.

The West Coast team in-state rivalry games are all conference, and often division games.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
I forgot to mention that I also hated the most overrated program ever.....Notre Dame.

......and from around the SEC, we have todays news.

LSU reserve wide receiver Drake Davis was arrested on a second-degree battery charge Friday night and has been suspended indefinitely by the team.

Davis, a junior, is alleged to have committed battery on his girlfriend on multiple occasions in April and June, according to a police report obtained by WBRZ in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The report alleges Davis tried to strangle her, broke one of her ribs and texted threatening messages.

He is being held at East Baton Rouge Parish prison.

Davis played in all 13 games for LSU last season, catching three passes for 134 yards and two touchdowns, including an 87-yard score against Syracuse. He also caught one pass for 19 yards in 2016.

Shocking stuff. Who knew LSU completed 4 forward passes since 2016? :roflmao: