EL PORTO + JETTY GOIN OFF

SombreroBandit

Michael Peterson status
Jan 19, 2002
the beach
oooohhh man just got back from porto and it was soooooo fun. Stiff off shore winds most of the mornin after the rain stopped. One guy on the beach takin pictures told me that some of the sets were TOH!! and this was confirmed by a lifeguard. all I know is its the biggest Ive ever seen el porto hold. It was a totally new experience for me because from 730-9 there was no one else out and i could look all the way down the beach in both directions and see no one! Dont beleive the lifeguards it definitely was makeable! Got some fun bombs on my 9'1 pin tail and there were peaks and a couple barrels. at nine a couple others made it out on 7'+ guns and they got a couple before goin in. my last wave I got pitched over the falls and cuaght the pin of my tail right in the ribs and then lost my board, cuz i forgot to put a cord in the hole for my leash this mornin, so i just went in. <BR> I saw some freinds on the way home and we decided to go check prattes, what a waste of $$$. It was the only place not breaking. S pipes was breaking better. We stopped and watched the only guy out at the big jetty and he was killen it. He was throwin down some nice carves on some good sized waves.<BR> Hopefully goin south tomorrow cuz I dont think that anywhere around here can handle it much bigger except some pv places. Screw school blacks is gonna be insane!! (I hope)

surf cat

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jan 14, 2002
don't look:http://actionsportsnetwork.com/surfcams/manhattan/manhatasp.asp

SombreroBandit

Michael Peterson status
Jan 19, 2002
the beach
im sorry theres no way that report is right my long board is 9'1 and there was quite a ways down from the tail of my longboard just as my nose was comin to the top. plus when was the last time no one was out in 9 ft porto?

Someone

Miki Dora status
Jan 10, 2002
South Bay, CA
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Audipilot2:<BR><B>9'1 ehh??? Like to see you duck dive that one. Take it to a point pal...might make your story a little more belivable.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I saw him too, before I hightailed it to a smaller beachbreak in redondo.

JETBLAST

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 29, 2002
EL SEGUDO CA.USA!
Where in Redondo Butt-snake? <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Someone:<BR><B> I saw him too, before I hightailed it to a smaller beachbreak in redondo.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

SombreroBandit

Michael Peterson status
Jan 19, 2002
the beach
how was topaz? yeah i can duck dive my 9'1 actaully u just have to sink one rail before the other. I surf longboards 75% of the time so ive gotten pretty good at it.

JETBLAST

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 29, 2002
EL SEGUDO CA.USA!
Surfed ave g this morning.Fun- <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Someone:<BR><B>topaz.<P>buttsnake?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>