Desperately seeking longboard

Jul 23, 2004
I need a longboard. Any longboard approx 9'-10'. Actually I am a newbie, and I live on Long Island. Willing to pay shipping and all that. Know any good cheap places that sell longboards for reasonable price? Thanks.

BryanLamb

Tom Curren status
Jun 30, 2004
Your best is to look on ebay and get a BIC to start out with. I know its considered a "newbie" board - but those things are indestructible, and are GREAT to learn on. Plus - after you've developed some skill - you can get a decent fin (the Fins unlimited 9.5 egg fin works great in the BIC box) and surf that thing as your longboard for the ultra small days - and just buy a shortboard to begin learning on as well.

Also - I know on ebay there is a place in Red Banks New Jersey where you can get BICs for pretty cheap, so you should look that up.

Basically...summed up.

+ side of Bics

-Cheap
-Very Durable
-Easy to learn on

Just be prepared to get a few "kooky" looks while you are learning.

Also - if you dont care what longboard you are getting, ebay probably has a ton of great deals for boards to learn on - just look around. I would also recommend checking out some of the surf shops in your area for used or consignment boards - or maybe head down to the breaks with a couple hundred bucks in hand and buy one.

Just realize, that you will be paying a used board price just to ship a board to you if you get one shipped. You might as well keep that money and get a shortboard and just drive to where the board is at.

Aloha

Bryan

Landloct

Kelly Slater status
Jul 18, 2002
Your best is to look on ebay and get a BIC to start out with. I know its considered a "newbie" board - but those things are indestructible, and are GREAT to learn on. Plus - after you've developed some skill - you can get a decent fin (the Fins unlimited 9.5 egg fin works great in the BIC box) and surf that thing as your longboard for the ultra small days - and just buy a shortboard to begin learning on as well.

Also - I know on ebay there is a place in Red Banks New Jersey where you can get BICs for pretty cheap, so you should look that up.

Basically...summed up.

+ side of Bics

-Cheap
-Very Durable
-Easy to learn on

Just be prepared to get a few "kooky" looks while you are learning.

Also - if you dont care what longboard you are getting, ebay probably has a ton of great deals for boards to learn on - just look around. I would also recommend checking out some of the surf shops in your area for used or consignment boards - or maybe head down to the breaks with a couple hundred bucks in hand and buy one.

Just realize, that you will be paying a used board price just to ship a board to you if you get one shipped. You might as well keep that money and get a shortboard and just drive to where the board is at.

Aloha

Bryan
Jack's Music.

I went up there to check out a used longboard, it's basically a record and guitar shop, and it seems like they sell the BICs on the side. The guy who handles surfboards wasn't there, nobody else in the shop had a clue or even cared about the surfboards. Just an FYI.

There's a Rusty funboard, not 9' though, on Ebay right now in Philly if you're willing to make the drive to save on shipping.

A guy on the 7th Street Surf Shop BB is selling a Stewart Hydro Hull right now too, I'll see if I can find the link.