Cabo COVID Safety?

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I guess this thread is about covid so anyway... wife and I just got back from Valle De Guadaulupe yesterday. Hardly any americans at all. They took very significant precautions concerning covid. masks indoors, temp checks at most establishments. They even recorded our temps at one place. all welcomed us with typical hospitality you get in mexico.

Had an amazing time celebrating my wife's birthday and our anniversary. Food was absolutely incredible and the wine was great. would bang again in a hearbeat.

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
Yeah. Im glad i at least got a taste of some of the classic spots before they were completely torched. San juanico 20- 25 years ago before they paved the road was pretty epic as a teenage frother. My family still has a place there but I rarely bother. I might stop in for a few days on my way down the coast just to fish some of my old spots in the area but surfing the points just bums me out.
I was there a month or so ago with a friend that has a place and it wasn't too bad and fun waves. I have a couple few friends that were born there and have mega family roots in SJ. Ones Dad is the Police Chief.

The ding dong that owns the Scorpion Bay Hotel is doing his very best to ruin the place.

Reactions: Aruka

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
I guess this thread is about covid so anyway... wife and I just got back from Valle De Guadaulupe yesterday. Hardly any americans at all. They took very significant precautions concerning covid. masks indoors, temp checks at most establishments. They even recorded our temps at one place. all welcomed us with typical hospitality you get in mexico.

Had an amazing time celebrating my wife's birthday and our anniversary. Food was absolutely incredible and the wine was great. would bang again in a hearbeat.
Yes, Baja seems to take it more serious.

Sounds like a great time. Love that Pizza Place out there.

Reactions: silentbutdeadly

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I was there a month or so ago with a friend that has a place and it wasn't too bad and fun waves. I have a couple few friends that were born there and have mega family roots in SJ. Ones Dad is the Police Chief.

The ding dong that owns the Scorpion Bay Hotel is doing his very best to ruin the place.
Nice, glad to hear. Maybe I've just been unlucky the past few trips. My buddy was there a couple months ago and said it was completely packed. Don't get me wrong, I love the place. So many great people and memories. Scoring off season swells and having sessions with just my parents and my brother out in perfect 2nds and 3rds. I just had a few experiences over the past decade that kind of bummed me out. For such a small town there is a lot of drama, usually with the same cast of characters at it's core.

It's really unfortunate that they allowed people to build on the points.

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
Nice, glad to hear. Maybe I've just been unlucky the past few trips. My buddy was there a couple months ago and said it was completely packed. Don't get me wrong, I love the place. So many great people and memories. Scoring off season swells and having sessions with just my parents and my brother out in perfect 2nds and 3rds. I just had a few experiences over the past decade that kind of bummed me out. For such a small town there is a lot of drama, usually with the same cast of characters at it's core.

It's really unfortunate that they allowed people to build on the points.
yea Borelli is building his Private members only runway and dusting out the whole zone. Land your plane for $15k

• Wow
Reactions: Aruka