Brendan depa

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Has this been discussed? kid with mental health issues in Florida beat the shi out of a teachers aid over his switch being taken from him.

his parents are suing the school
America!

video

article

a lot of stuff to argue about here.
why don’t we treat mental health issues in America , racial issues, a gruesome video, shoud he be locked up, who are the victims here,

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
In education now, it's the school's fault when the kids are asocial.

You go to your bosses and they say what accommodations are you giving to get the kid to behave.

I had a crazy kid. And I went to my bosses. And they said it's your problem.

Then he started acting up in other classes.

They were like, "he's crazy!"

I was like "DUH! You think I'm going to bug you about a spirited boy?"

Reactions: santacruzin

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Interesting to note that (as far as I could tell) only the girls ran over to help get the kid off of their teacher.
When stuff like this happens, you are not sure what is going on. You can't believe what you are seeing.

There is a deer in the head light response.

And then you go.

I know this sounds weird but I always imagine this happening at school and getting to beat the kid up.

I would come in from behind and get him/her in a headlock and choke him//her out.:trout:

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
In a recent trial the parents of the kid that shot up a school in Michigan were put on trial and convicted.
Obviously this isn’t the same situation but it wouldn’t bother me to see the same thing for this kid’s parents.

Reactions: kidfury

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Has this been discussed? kid with mental health issues in Florida beat the shi out of a teachers aid over his switch being taken from him.

America!

video

article

why don’t we treat mental health issues in America , racial issues, a gruesome video, shoud he be locked up, who are the victims here,
Teachers should be allowed to beat the sh!t out of the student in cases like this. Would probably be the most impactful lesson of his life

Reactions: afoaf

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Teachers should be allowed to beat the sh!t out of the student in cases like this. Would probably be the most impactful lesson of his life
Maybe that’s true
But maybe not, depending on the mental disorder
I think that teachers, aids, and anyone else in the school should do what is necessary to restrain the student, while using whatever force is necessary, but not more

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
I don’t think he should have been in a public school at all. Now he has to pay for what he did.

sounds like he had a few previous incidents too.

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
In education now, it's the school's fault when the kids are asocial.

You go to your bosses and they say what accommodations are you giving to get the kid to behave.

I had a crazy kid. And I went to my bosses. And they said it's your problem.

Then he started acting up in other classes.

They were like, "he's crazy!"

I was like "DUH! You think I'm going to bug you about a spirited boy?"
My wife’s a high school teacher and when she occasionally gets a sociopathic kid she gets them out of her class. I think she said with relentless referrals and reports that she doesn’t feel safe.

Reactions: santacruzin

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.

America!

video

article

Lock him up. Throw away key.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Public schools MUST educate every kid who walks in the door, with very few exceptions (I suspect this kid would be one). If a kid has an IEP they must adhere to the accommodations listed. Some parents bring lawyers to IEP meetings to make sure the school does what it's supposed to.

In this case I suspect the school would have had to demonstrate that the kid was a clear and present to danger to other students or staff before the school can put them in an alternative school setting. Easy enough to do after the fact but not so much before anyone gets hurt.