Bluepoint Villas in Bali

paf

Apr 8, 2005
Sorry for making such a stupid question, but just came back from a short trip to Bali and our driver quickly stopped at a break, he said some name but I really don't think he was correct. I'm sure it's a very famous break since the waves were damn good, but I'm beeing very stupid. I took this pic from a beautifull resort just on top of the cliff, can anybody tell me what's the name of that break? Thanks...

adikgede

OTF status
Sep 1, 2004
GMT +8
Jimbaran Bay is south of the airport. Its pretty scooped out, Im not sure what kid of waves get in there. Airport reefs to the north and Balangan and Dreamland to the south.

paf

Apr 8, 2005
Actually I don't think it's Jimbaran, that's where all those little seafood restaurants are, a long sandy beach. Anybody with a better guess?

adikgede

OTF status
Sep 1, 2004
GMT +8
err I wasn't guessing. Johana said the hotel was in Jimbaran Bay, and I told you were Jimbaran Bay is relative to the surf spots you will find at wannasurf.com.

Maybe the hotel isn't on Jimbaran Bay, but rather in Jimbaran sub-district, in which case your driver could be talking about Uluwatu.

paf

Apr 8, 2005
I didn't mean you with guessing. It was not Ulu neither, driver said they do a lot of surf competitions there. Here a pic of the left side of the cliff, thanks

Indo Surf

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 2, 2004
Indonesia
Visit site
It is definitely ULUWATU, overlooking the end Racetrack section. The driver may have called it "Suluban" which is another name for Uluwatu. I had the pleasure of surfing there with just 3 other guys last year at the Bali Legends Contest...

paf

Apr 8, 2005
BINGO, Suluban was what he said, thanks for clearifying that up. So that's the infamous Uluwatu?! Why is it called also Suluban, and below the temple at the Uluwatu temple, is there also a break? How's that one called then?

Sep 3, 2003
Coincidentally, I was thinking of staying there this summer. It's a little pricey but you cant beat the location...but I was under the impression it was in front of PadangPadang... not Ulu. But what do I know? Did you get a chance to look at the resort and how did it look? Worth $200 a nt?

Indo Surf

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 2, 2004
Indonesia
Visit site
Worth $200 a nt?
Definitely. Absolute luxury. The other resort you see in the photo on the next clifftop south is cheaper, around $60, named Uluwatu Resort. About a 200 metre walk to the beach, compared with Bluepoint being around 50 metres.