Are Sharp eye surfboards good?

Sep 17, 2003
Rio, Brazil
There´s a 6'5 beauty here where I live. Does anyone have one, so I´d know what to expect? Or know someone who does? Or know someone who knows someone who does????

luvtosurf77

Michael Peterson status
Jun 12, 2003
VA
They have a good reputation, I know that. I am sure they are top quality boards, on par with Rustys and CI's.

May 19, 2003
everywhere
Sharpeyes are really good. I had a 6'3" that was the best board I had ever ridden, from ankle high slop to head n a half. Check and see if it is made by Marcio Zouvi, he is the main shaper I think.
Peace

Sep 17, 2003
Rio, Brazil
Yes, in Brazil. Acctually It´s a machine made board that´s hand finished and glassed over here (in Brazil).

The thing is, they use top materials (same as CI´s, etc...), all imported, witch is the big difference in terms of overall quality comparing to a standart brazilian board (cheaper, lighter and a bit more fragile).

On the other hand brazilian shapers are so good that it would be stupid not to have a board made by one of them, since they know pretty well the waves around here. Hence the Sharp eyes "shaped" by Marcio. And the 6'5 looks sooo good...

One other important factor is that I sometimes travel to surf in central / south america and it´s an oportunitty to sell my used boards for a little more U$ before coming back home.

carverb

Michael Peterson status
Jul 31, 2003
The question should be...will sharp eye boards be good for me? The best board can be good for you, but suck for someone else.

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
ive ridden many sharp eyes, they work well. in fact i had a great 6'5" swallow that was perfect in overhead waves. he makes great boards for high performance surfing.

Sep 17, 2003
Rio, Brazil
Thanks for the replies. I won't buy the 6`5, I'll have one custom made (I talked to the distributor). It's gonna be a 6'4 - 19 - 2 5/8, squash tail. I'm 5`11 and 170 lbs.

cheers