1st time bringing board on plane, help

Jan 27, 2003
eastcoast
This is the first time I've traveled with my board and am looking for some insight. I've got a 7'1" funshape and want to know what size/type of boardbag I should look to purchase. Any thoughts?

Also, some guys I'm going with have 9'6" longboards but are afraid they might be cutting it too close to the 115" maximum allowed by the airlines. Any ideas/thoughts/experiences with this? Thx.

diroberts

Miki Dora status
Apr 14, 2003
ProHoVille
Your board bag will want to be just slightly longer than your longest board. My tallest board is a 7'0" mini-gun and my board bag is either 7ft or a shade over and it fits fine. You need two things:

A. Which board bag manufacturer should I get? I prefer Destination Surf and the consensus on this Board are that they are the best. Their website sometimes has clearance items for a discount price. Destination Surf

2. You'll need to know how to pack a the board. PM me with your email address and I'll be happy to email you a step-by-step document on how to pack a travel bag coffin. I've used to for travels to Tahiti, California, and Panama and have had only 1 ding.

No idea on the long board issue. Could be dicey in terms of getting charged excessive fees.