Search results

1. onetravels

Surfers from West Oz + San Diego missing in Mexico...

Used to surf there a lot it can get really good. Broke my ankle there in 96. Big swell air dropped of a backside floater on a set and landed with the lip. Everything exploded came up and my foot was completely backwards. Grabbed it and yanked it back in place. Just me and one buddy surfing...
  2. onetravels

Iron Neck 3.0 pro

Just want to say I only take the Celebrex if I'm really locked up. It's super bad for you in lots of ways. I have done a lot of PT as well and generally I am much less affected then I was a year ago. If I do lock up the Celebrex helps. Haven't needed it in the past six months and that is...
  3. onetravels

Iron Neck 3.0 pro

I was having major back issues last year my doc referred me to one of the best orthopedic groups here in San Diego. After a bunch of x-rays and MRI's was told no problems with my back. Really bad arthritis in my neck from paddling around with my head up for 40 years. This was putting stress...
  4. onetravels

I need a side boob

Perhaps he's saying when your done with all this bounty all that's left is the pits?
  5. onetravels

***Official*** Best High Yield savings, checking, etc Thread.

To be clear money market accounts are classed as mutual funds. They do not fall under normal FDIC coverage. So make sure your money market account is covered under FDIC. Some of the higher yielders are, Markus by Goldman Sachs is a good one. However you will generally give up yield for that...
  6. onetravels

Schwab's FDIC insured money market is paying .48%. Reward vs risk. The FDIC charges a lot to these banks to be insured. I prefer a money market that holds government backed bonds. If the government can't pay out the money market rate I would have no faith in the FDIC making payment.
  7. onetravels

Schwab is paying 5.24% on their non FDIC insured money market. I have my money in their government backed money market account paying 5.07%. It is not FDIC insured but all the investments it holds are government backed. Most high yielding money markets are not FDIC insured. I am showing 4.6%...
  8. onetravels

Best Female Tube-rider on Earth?

Seen her much deeper but that was a tough drop. Not going to name spots but its on a marine base in so cal. If you know, you know that was a tricky barrel.
  9. onetravels

Best Female Tube-rider on Earth?

Don't count out Alyssa Spencer who just won the super girl. Very accomplished tube rider on her forehand and travels to heavy waves to work on it.
  10. onetravels

wsl 2024 schedule

Cloudbreak is a left. This even's out the tour waves which are mainly rights. It is also a heavy barreling wave. I am bummed they pulled J Bay. So stoked they pulled lemoore. Way better schedule than the last few years. You can whine about lowers. However, it is generally a very...
  11. onetravels

*** Official Rip Curl WSL Finals Contest Thread ***

Ok you got me. I am almost 50 so not a young kid. I95 is pretty south I would call anything over 200 sw anything under south. Like I said I saw the cam at 7:30 I was surprised they ran. I don't know why I am arguing with everyone. Not my intent. If you have a window use it. I thought...
  12. onetravels

Its five days out but yes south wind is terrible for lowers. Check the cam on Thursday. I will stick to what I said. If the top pros are getting 3 turns on average at lowers you picked a bad day regardless of size.
  13. onetravels

I already said next Thursday. 195 groundswell straight south perfect for lowers. Others said the same thing before they ran. Check the cam Thursday I'm sure it's going to be firing.
  14. onetravels

lowers is better on a long period straight south but whatever. My point was that they should not have run at all.
  15. onetravels

Not whining for Griffin. He lost and the judging was on point. I was just bummed they ran it yesterday. When pros are getting 3 turns at lowers something is wrong.
  16. onetravels

Do you not get that lowers is a completely different wave on a hurricane swell? And pros don't usually surf there on a hurricane swell? They head to Newport or other beach breaks that are all time? Do you have a local spot? Ever surf it on a day it's just not what you are used too and feel...
  17. onetravels

well you totally missed my point. Stoked for Felipe he's a great human and super fun to share a lineup with. If you have a local spot you have surfed your entire life, and it's a bit off it can hurt you. You are going to be looking for that wave you know is the best one. But it just won't...
  18. onetravels

Me too bring back Bugs. Heard him on the commentary today. If your going to run lowers at least run it in good conditions. I saw the cam at 7:30 and was like no way they run. But you could tell they had committed and didn't have the balls to pull it back.
  19. onetravels

That was sh!t lowers. Even in the early rounds. Lowers is not the spot you go to on a hurricane swell. It can get good and super consistent but it tends to close out more and be soft. This was a terrible hurricane swell. You never know how they are going to be tell they hit. I surfed a...