Search results

1. W

Lost Uber Driver XL or Pyzel Mini Ghost?

ive surfed all 3 of these boards. definitely the mini ghost out of those two, but id just stick with riding the pyzalien in those conditions tbh. i dont think you will notice some crazy performance difference from a 6 1 pyzalien to a 5 11 mini ghost
  2. W

The new Christenson Wolverine

I’m also 195 and got the 6’6” with some extra thickness as well, have it pretty dialed at this point. Love the board, it’s been a good all arounder, and decided I really like the shape. So I’m thinking I’d prefer to grab one slightly smaller, maybe a stock 6’4” as a crutch short board I can dig...
  3. W

Controller Alpha Quad Fins

i have the bamboo ones, only non fish board i used them in was a bobby quad which worked surprisingly well and was my favorite setup in junkier waves at any size. if you have a quad fish also, theyre an easy choice. if youre looking for a quad set for that board specifically, i think the rasta...
  4. W

Surfboard volume = your weight / 6

equation was dead on for what i was surfing a couple years ago. made the switch to very slightly longer, and a few more liters in my shortboards and quite a bit more in my step ups, and dont buy anything otr anymore. I always ask for lower/performance rails, and have felt its made a big enough...
  5. W

***The Official Mid-Length Thread***

i have a 6'6". board is very fast and loose. will launch out of the water if you have too much weight over the back fins. coming from riding shortboard thrusters, its refreshing to do nothing and let the board do all the work. it gets into waves easy, maintains speed through turns, but has a...
  6. W

CI Mid Twin

Have the 2+1 that i ride as a twin on slower stomach to head high days. I was told the fin boxes were a little further back on the twin template so i bought some XL keels that run well behind the side bite box placements. No clue if my reasoning is sound with this method, but I definitely enjoy...