Search results

1. oeste858

YOLO ALERTS

That’s actually a great idea. my worst color was the tomo custom x-wing from Oz during covid. Everything was by email (which was fine) and boar turned out just what I hoped, except I said baby blue / sky blue and included pics of other boars… it came outta the shipping box Smurf blue.
  2. oeste858

Oside pier is on fire!

Surely Red Album is to blame.
  3. oeste858

what board would you immediately buy again if it broke today?

If it’s only one, would have to be a swallowtail twin, my fave probably Varial (RIP) 5’9 lightblender Others I’d always like to have some version of in my quiver: 5’11 Pyzalien 5’8 GMM2 (need to replace) 5’8 Akila Aipa Contemporary Fish or 5’9 asym Plasmic 6’8 R. Blackbeard Stap 8’0 Mitsven...
  4. oeste858

*** Official 2024 Community Surf Journal ***

Pretty bleak. Haven’t surfed much last 3 weeks with work and travel. Forced myself to get in the water yesterday afternoon for onshore low tide springtime slop. No one out at reef2 tells you how poor conditions were. Was pretty bumpy for the 7’0 dankness quad but was able to find some corners...
  5. oeste858

XTR Breakage?

Ok. If you were ordering one new boar for the ments, who and what would you get?
  6. oeste858

Kolohe Andino - No longer on O'Neill

jimmy eat row
  7. oeste858

what kind of fins would go good on that?
  8. oeste858

Essential Body Weight Exercises?

I would do something like 30 sec each of: 1. squats, 2. controlled burpees (you dont have to jump), 3. bear crawls, 4. alternating lunges, 5. pushups, 6. mountain climbers, 7. dips (can use chair), 8. slow bicycle crunches, 9. scissor kicks, 10. planks. Do 3 circuits with 30 sec rests in...
  9. oeste858

what kind of cooler do you use, bro?? I always laugh when I see a yeti sticker on the back of a car window (well, usually a truck /SUV). So rugged! I could see if you're fishing/ hunting and really need to keep meat cold. But otherwise, completely overbuilt/overpriced for most users... who don't...
  10. oeste858

Sports marketing has obviously changed a lot. With the demise of traditional surf media, a lot of social media content is just scrolling for entertainment. Even if someone like Chloe is getting views on their instagram, it still has to translate directly into product sales. A lot of us old guys...
  11. oeste858

Leash strings

Not the Leash Strings!?! Why couldn’t this happen to the Chloe or the Lost RNF thread?
  12. oeste858

*** Official Western Australia Margaret River Pro Contest Thread ***

There’s no accounting for taste. I agree with someone a couple pages back that JJ’s carve on a different wave was the turn of the contest. But I was also impressed with Robbo and even Seth doing pretty darn similar carves. Pitard was doing some nice ones too but his stupid exaggerated effected...
  13. oeste858

*** Official Western Australia Margaret River Pro Contest Thread ***

I guess I can kinda see where you’re coming from in that it wasn’t necessarily a perfectly surfed wave. But the difficulty and high risk (in the critical section of the wave) puts it up there. If we’re not being pedantic, we have to admit that it is the wave that people will remember from this...
  14. oeste858

Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

$595
  15. oeste858

How many surfs before you ditch a board?

Uh, no. The exaggerated head snap on every big turn looks dumb. I saw Gerr called out the same thing.
  16. oeste858

Album Surfboards

I’m pretty curious about that as a semi-stepup for socal OH waves. Keep us posted. Where are you located?
  17. oeste858

***The Official Mid-Length Thread***

Bit sad. But let’s be honest, will probably become a top-seller for FW
  18. oeste858

Album Surfboards

Album quad set (Shapers or TA). They also make a BomDia set with NVS
  19. oeste858

*** Official 2024 Community Surf Journal ***

No problem getting sets with your 2% Surf sticker on your boar, bro!
  20. oeste858

*** Official Fin Thread ***

I would agree above. I could be way off, but I tend to think of the rears as affecting the last 1/3 part of a turn and how it releases out of the turn. For my usual average waves, I tend to like smaller rears like 3.75 or maybe 4.0, which I feel keeps it loose and a bit skatey. Could be all in...