Search results

1. ChaseTMP

Show me your legs.

Tripods FTW!
  2. ChaseTMP

Geoff McCoy RIP

I never had one of his boards, but desperately wanted a Lazor Zap when I was just getting into double digits in the early 80's. I picked up a t-shirt from him while in Oz with my family and remember wearing it to the first day of 6th grade feeling too cool for school. RIP Geoff!
  3. ChaseTMP

Album Surfboards

Now that Varial is gone I'm going back to PU. I usually see US Blanks in the South Bay. I see on Arctic's site that Lost, Pyzel, Sharp Eye, Album, CI and Patterson use Arctic. It's strange for their photo spread of users there's two pictures of Graham Smith, one of Timmy Patterson and they...
  4. ChaseTMP

Kolohe Andino - No longer on O'Neill

I haven't been in the water with him since he's had kids, but he was always super cool the few times I've been out with him at Creek. He went out of his way to say "nice chatting with you" once when I was at the snack shack with my wife, but then again; my wife is hot...nevermind, f^cking barney!
  5. ChaseTMP

Fixed
  6. ChaseTMP

what board would you immediately buy again if it broke today?

Flare and Ghost
  7. ChaseTMP

turdburglar's cousin.
  8. ChaseTMP

They did look nice!
  9. ChaseTMP

I'm curious about this. Rick Howard lives close to me and skates the Redondo Pier park every so often. I thought he was an owner in crailtap? We've had beers after skating, but he's way more into talking sarfing than skating, so I haven't got into the intricacies of his skate biz.
  10. ChaseTMP

XL fins anyone? Gabby content

I run both. MF's are my favorite fin and I use larges in all my borts other than my Ghost, where I use mediums. I'll put the FT larges in when it's shorter interval/bowly, and looks like I'd be making quick turns in the pocket.
  11. ChaseTMP

No, I didn't order with five plugs. I previously never preferred a bort as a quad to a tri, so recently abandoned ordering the five fin option.
  12. ChaseTMP

I’m hoping to give the Gabby set up a go tomorrow (or when conditions permit) with my Stamps Fuse. I got a knee brace to keep my LCL stabilized which I tweaked in Kauai the week before last. The Fuse (Varial carbon) doesn’t have the get up and go with the several truster and 2+1 setups I’ve...
  13. ChaseTMP

XTR Breakage?

Haven’t broken a bort in ten years and have been mostly riding stringer-less Varials and two XTR’s during that time. The last bort to break was a PureGlassed FutureFlex, but I think a triple stringered 6oz would have broken that day. I used to break four to five a year when I was riding...
  14. ChaseTMP

Yeah, I don't think he's dim. He's just a byproduct of the aughts' "pro" sarfers' homeschooling and/or sh^t teachers pushing him though school thinking he'll have money managers that will get him setup for life. He was one of the first (that I remember) to have a non-endemic sponsor. I hope he...
  15. ChaseTMP

True. I was at a show at the Fonda this past Thursday night and I’m pretty sure I was the 4th oldest person there out of about 1000 people. I think they bussed in every young model from LA and what I noticed was GIGANTIC PANTS on the du’s that reminded me of skating around my college’s campus in...
  16. ChaseTMP

How many surfs before you ditch a board?

Haven’t seen him sarf in person, but agreed his rail game is right up there with EE and if he works on his double pump bottom turns he could surpass him. I watched the finals in person last year and was pretty amazed how much power EE lays into turns.
  17. ChaseTMP

Holy fvck that’s a tough read. I knew Kolohe isn’t a Mensa member, but if you’re launching a brand, maybe get a 5th grader to see if the copy is good to go. But, this could also be a genius marketing ploy and gives credence to their whole “bound by chaos” ethos. I feel like being Kolohe would be...
  18. ChaseTMP

How many surfs before you ditch a board?

Being able to get your fins to hold and/or release, for me, is what keeps things interesting. IMO (and a whole host of others), Ethan Ewing is the best rail surfer on the CT, but he also can let his fins drift when he leans into a turn on or above the wave face.
  19. ChaseTMP

TC Sinner?

Looks like a bort I would lust after in 1983 hanging on a shop wall, but would only have two fins. Where are you looking to ride it? Lots of modern twin fins with set-back twins and no training wheels that would probably go better than a retro inspired (which looks more like a wall hanger) and...
  20. ChaseTMP

Tony Roberts on a Vernor

I'm not a fan of either wave (Sunset or PD's) and agree there's some similarity at size. I only went out twice for a real go at PD's out of 20 cumulative days staying directly in front of the spot. After sinking some Toña's in the pool I got lured out on one of the soft tops laying around quite...