Search results

1. S

The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

Another vote for Feral. Best price, customer service, most reliable, they just work.
  2. S

Rusty Slayer vs. Driver 3.0 Round

I had a squash tail Driver 2.0 and now have a round tail 3.0. While the dimensions aren't exactly the same I found the new Driver to be very user friendly for a good wave shortboard even more so than the 2.0. If you're looking for a board to just get barreled on, the slayer with its wide point...
  3. S

Fins for sale

Received the fins yesterday. They were just as described. Would do business again, thanks!
  4. S

Sold: 5' 8" Gary Hanel Quad Fish

Back on the market. Last call at 325 before it heads to the consignment rack.
  5. S

FS: 5'3" Von Sol Manta

PM me about shipping. I haven't shipped a board before but let's talk through it.
  6. S

FS: 5'3" Von Sol Manta

I have a Von Sol Manta for sale. Dims are 5'3 x 21 1/2 x 2 5/8. EPS/Epoxy with a blue spray. I just got another one so I need to clear some room in the garage. Board is in great shape and comes with fins (including nub which is not pictured.) Located in Carlsbad. $350 Bro deal for forum members...
  7. S

Bump. 350 bro deal in effect. Updated ad. https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/spo/d/carlsbad-gary-hanel-58-quad-fish/7616332078.html
  8. S

Von Sol Manta Sizing

I just ordered a new custom pointed nose version from Sean. He said two inches. FWIW I also ordered the stringered version based on his input from his personal board. It was noticeably lighter than the stringerless version. He said they glass stringerless boards 6-4/6 and and stringered...
  9. S

Von Sol Manta Sizing

I think you'll like the extra volume. In my opinion, it really makes a difference in a groveler. The rails are pretty foiled too so you shouldn't have any trouble sinking them.
  10. S

Von Sol Manta Sizing

I'm not exactly sure where I got this but the attachment has volumes for some models including the Manta.
  11. S

Von Sol Manta Sizing

5’3 x 21 1/2 x 2 5/8. Also keep in mind the chop nosed version rides like a board roughly two inches longer.
  12. S

Von Sol Manta Sizing

I'm 175 lbs and ride a 5'3 for reference. You could do a 5'2, or a 5'4 if you want more volume/grovel.
  13. S

Von Sol 'Flying Manta' stub groveler

That board looks incredible. How much longer did you go compared to the snub nosed version, if you had one?
  14. S

I've got a Hanel Quad Fish for sale. See listing below. https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/spo/d/carlsbad-gary-hanel-58-quad-fish/7608855296.html $375 for forum members. Local pickup in Carlsbad. PM if you want to take a look or have questions.
  15. S

Anyone into Single Malt Scotch Whisky?

I'm not familiar with Go City, but it looks promising based on their website. I didn't look through it but sometimes passes have blackout dates. I would check first to make sure your travel doesn't fall into one of those.
  16. S

Anyone into Single Malt Scotch Whisky?

The Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach is good and is massive. Scripps Aquarium in La Jolla is smaller but also very nice.
  17. S

Sub Driver 2.0

I personally like something with more volume up front in those conditions.
  18. S

Sub Driver 2.0

It obviously depends on the wave, but if you looking for something to perform well in 1.5OH waves I would pick driver over subdriver. If you are riding real short period waves at that size I would choose a different shape altogether.
  19. S

Sub Driver 2.0

I have a SubDriver swallow tail and it has the best range of any HPSBish board I ever used. It is just as ridable at waist high as it is when it's slightly overhead. Very user friendly as well.
  20. S

The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

I can't speak to the Shield, but I have the Evade 4.3 and after about five sessions it loosened up considerably. Other than the ankle cuffs being a touch loose I found the suit to be really good. I can't say i love the zipper but it's not a deal breaker for me.