Search results

1. L

Super Buzz. Review

Yes fiberglass are available - but these are the coveted ones...
  2. L

Super Buzz. Review

Thanks all.... Yeah these elusive s2's seem to be magic..... the search continues. I do have regular fiberglass controllers but seems its pretty open options. Will check out the albums.. .
  3. L

Super Buzz. Review

Just places 2 pack order for a super buzz and 2x4 stepup.... this thread was a big help. What's the consensus on fins for the SB? Trying to find myself a set of the honeycomb ST2 template thats discontinued for both boards...
  4. L

WTB Tom Parrish Thruster Futures fin set

Still looking if anyones holding
  5. L

WTB Tom Parrish Thruster Futures fin set

If you're holding, shoot me a DM. Current trailer has a ton of horizontal stress cracks after this last weekend, lost it's spring and surfs mushy now. Fins are working really well for me in two of my good wave boards. Hoping to replace and not have to experiment with finding something new...
  6. L

Whats your favorite good wave fish?

https://theboardsource.com/product/59-x-20-9-16-x-2-3-8-stu-kenson-twinzer-fish-shortboard-surfboard/ These work pretty well. I surf it when everyone else is on a shortboard. Mine's 6'1 21 2 5/8 (bigger boy) dims off a magic lis rocket fish.
  7. L

Warmest hooded full suit and favorite winter gear

My Vissla issues were ones I've bought in the last two years (3/2 ankles blew up; chest bungee piece fell apart; 4/3 crotch blew out real quick). The first 7 seas i've purchased 5+ years ago was really well made and got a few years out of it, hence why i bought more. Maybe i'm too rough?
  8. L

Definitely go needs over vissla - I've had the 7 seas and high seas recently and they both fell apart super quickly in 3/2 and 4/3. The needs are made WAY better, super warm, and aren't really stiff (but what wetsuit is nowadays?).
  9. L

Thanks everyone - usually i'm in a 5 or 6mm drylock/flashbomb for the season but was curious to try something new out with the sale. I'm in the water alot and tend to blow through suits pretty quickly - lucky if i get two seasons at best on the thick ones. I do have a needs 4/3 hooded that...
  10. L

Thanks all - seems Matuse has their cold water suits designed with California in mind... colder air water temps and warm air.... wont fly by me... looks like it's going up for sale soon...
  11. L

I've just got a 5/4/3 TUMO from matuse - first go with the brand but they had a friends/family sale back in September i had to jump on it given the price. The "3" part has me a little concerned for deep winter here in NY - anyone have experience?
  12. L

Sizing a Christenson fish

Probably best bet for your first one. All the tweaks mentioned in this thread are much personal preference. Having a stock/baseline to spend time with will be incredibly valuable from which you can make tweaks off of for boards 2,3,4+ My first fish was an off the rack classic keel from larmo...
  13. L

Sizing a Christenson fish

at your height and weight 5'10-6'0 easy, probably leaning toward 6'0. i'm 6'1 and 25 lbs less than you - surfing a 5'10.
  14. L

Favorite step-up fishy shape

I had a 6'10 quad nautilus, all the feedback mentioned earlier on this board is spot on... I ended up selling it as well. Good board, not great.
  15. L

Hydrodynamica

I have a simster on order right now... curious to hear more feedback from those who've had one + comparisons to the classic caspers.
  16. L

Tips on rehabbing a meniscus tear?

few days out of meniscus surgery - just getting off the crutches a little bit now. Surgery was a piece of cake... in and out in a matter of 5 hours. Rehab starts Tuesday. Will update progress for those going through similar. Excited to go back to normal activities without nursing my surfing...
  17. L

Tips on rehabbing a meniscus tear?

I've torn my meniscus about a year ago skating, couldn't walk for 2 days or so, and got better enough 3-4 weeks after to ignore it. Tweaked it a few more times surfing since, and a bad one in December trying to make it out back in waist deep water with head high juicy waves. Long story short...
  18. L

fish or mini-Simmons?

Can't go wrong with the mitsven hynd fish - especially as a versatile NJ option. Have a few boards from him to surf the same waves and I keep going back.