Search results

1. M

Best place to go in late December into new year

Bocas for sure, been the same time of year a couple times. Stay a bit outside Bocas Town, a few places by Paunch, or farther up to Bluff beach. Rent a quad for the week with a rack from Skullys. Plenty of waves, mellow crowds, and 2-3 dollar taxi into town for drinks. New Years party gets crazy...
  2. M

Macaronis Resort, Anyone been?

I was there back when they still had the huts on the water. Those got wiped away by tsunami a while ago. The rooms now are what used to be just the bar. It was a serious mission to get there flying from LAX. The crossing from Sumatra to Macaronis was 24 hours. Boat went about 3-5 Knotts. That...
  3. M

El Salvador k-59

We did surf K61 several times. The wave is definitely not as good but it's a nice break from K59's current. K61 is way softer, more like Trestles at K61, still got some long rights and there was never a current to deal with or a crowd. We didn't surf anywhere else because the ISA's were going on...
  4. M

El Salvador k-59

Just returned from k-59. Surf pumping the whole time. Never under head high, some days double. I didn't paddle out day 1. I was straight off the red eye and walk up to double overhead plus. Watched a few guys get worked and come in so I waited until the next day. Definitely heavier then Trestles...
  5. M

El Salvador k-59

Thanks for the info. Leaving Sunday night. I will report back when I get home. Looking like fun surf all week!
  6. M

El Salvador k-59

Leaving next week, looks like pumping swell. Anyone surf it? I've never surfed K-59, only Las Flores and Punta Mango. I've heard it's heavy from a few, but it's soft like trestles from a few. Trying to decide what boards. Appreciate any advice.
  7. M

Morocco this Dec/Jan

Flights booked. Would it be best to stay in Safi, Agadir, or Taghazout. I heard people getting sick in Taghazout because of sewage. Bringing the wife along so probably just do morning surfs everyday. If anyone's been let me know what you think. Also if you know of any cool places to stay.
  8. M

best place learn tuberiding?

Not as easy as the pros make it look. Been there a few times, super heavy when it gets a few feet overhead. Make sure you have the right boards. Seen a few heavy falls there. Epic wave and place though!