The new Christenson Wolverine

dcurbelo

OTF status
Jan 27, 2011
Atlantic Ocean
I'm in the UK so, the above. Stuff coming out of Co.Lab looks pretty good too. DownTheLine import a bunch of stuff from Aus (e.g. JS, DHD) as well as the Pukas stuff. I'm mostly on customs from local shapers at the moment though.

Funnily enough I was very close to pulling the trigger on a custom Christenson when I saw your Wolverine picture. It triggered some PTSD from a ...Lost I had out of that factory a few years ago and looked at least that bad after a few surfs. Decided to pass.
Ask for the 3/4 Volan patch. It comes much more solid without heavily affecting its weight. They are also suppose to assign a high quality foam to CC custom orders.
I just got a RP Lane Sp. finished it that way and it feels money.
On the other hand, it has always been a hit and miss experience ordering from that factory. Terrible QC. I just limit orders to what is not feasible to order elsewhere.

Reactions: pterodroma

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
I'm in the UK so, the above. Stuff coming out of Co.Lab looks pretty good too. DownTheLine import a bunch of stuff from Aus (e.g. JS, DHD) as well as the Pukas stuff. I'm mostly on customs from local shapers at the moment though.

Funnily enough I was very close to pulling the trigger on a custom Christenson when I saw your Wolverine picture. It triggered some PTSD from a ...Lost I had out of that factory a few years ago and looked at least that bad after a few surfs. Decided to pass.
Used to live in Portreath, so Down The Line was my go to shop. Epic selection of hardware, great staff too. I just noticed that Co.Lab is doing Love Machine Wills Fishes, very tempting....

Reactions: pterodroma

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
You inspired me to give my Wolverine a new wax job, and to check for dents. Very slight ones right over the fins, but it's basically like new.

Bless Aussie board factories.

Stunning views do you need an au-pair? Haha

Jan 7, 2020
Used to live in Portreath, so Down The Line was my go to shop. Epic selection of hardware, great staff too. I just noticed that Co.Lab is doing Love Machine Wills Fishes, very tempting....
Yes have been tempted by one of them myself, but just grabbed a Bali import Jim Banks magic carpet off the rack for instant gratification instead so will surf that first...

Ask for the 3/4 Volan patch. It comes much more solid without heavily affecting its weight. They are also suppose to assign a high quality foam to CC custom orders.
I just got a RP Lane Sp. finished it that way and it feels money.
On the other hand, it has always been a hit and miss experience ordering from that factory. Terrible QC. I just limit orders to what is not feasible to order elsewhere.
Good to know, thanks! Of course the volan patch puts another 10% on the cost as well which, if you do get a dud, makes it hurt even more...

encladd

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 8, 2019
Yes have been tempted by one of them myself, but just grabbed a Bali import Jim Banks magic carpet off the rack for instant gratification instead so will surf that first...

Good to know, thanks! Of course the volan patch puts another 10% on the cost as well which, if you do get a dud, makes it hurt even more...
You can also request S glass on the deck. From my experience that's the best way to make poly durable without adding a ton of weight. Probably won't order another poly without it.

Swallow Tail

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
Sharpeye cheat code, poly glassing. I think it was an extra 40€ for the blank, plus I went with a white rail spray. If you don't put any colour on it, it's going to look like an old firewire haha.

It's a bit heavier than regular PU, I'd say the 4+4/4 feels more like a 6+4/4. Doesn't bother me too much, but they now offer a lighter blank which I'll try for the next board. Board is holding up really well.

View attachment 172820
Bro, your lawn needs a LOT of work.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Outside point on the Wolverine this afternoon. Last wave was possibly the fastest I've ever gone on a HH wave. Board felt like teflon on superconductor rails or something, so friction free and fast.

jwd

Nov 24, 2004
Outside point on the Wolverine this afternoon. Last wave was possibly the fastest I've ever gone on a HH wave. Board felt like teflon on superconductor rails or something, so friction free and fast.
NIce! So is the nautilus and the wolverine basically the same board minus the center fin plus a wing and swallow tail? I'm in the market and had considered the nautilus but... maybe the wolverine or even the new long phish. would love to hear more ride reports

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Contours, rocker, rails similar from what I heard. Tail much more pulled in on the wolverine than on Nautilus.

Last edited:
Reactions: jwd

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
NIce! So is the nautilus and the wolverine basically the same board minus the center fin plus a wing and swallow tail? I'm in the market and had considered the nautilus but... maybe the wolverine or even the new long phish. would love to hear more ride reports
The nautilus has a little extra tail rocker when you see them side by side. Both look fun to me

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
You inspired me to give my Wolverine a new wax job, and to check for dents. Very slight ones right over the fins, but it's basically like new.

Bless Aussie board factories.

Maz dropping the unedited deck pics. #flex

• Love
Reactions: Maz