Gabriel Medina Got Robbed In Portugal, Bells and Margs (title edited due to the trifecta)

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
What in particular in what I wrote offended your little 12 year girl feelings?
This Yuri-generating-speed-backside levels of limp-wristed-ness in your completely reasonable take on the judging.

You're supposed to all Ordem e Progreso, supporting the Medina, and demanding Gringo blood sacrifices for this outrage!

• Haha
Reactions: brukuns

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
This looks like it belongs on this thread.

http://instagr.am/p/C6cLXyUyIEU/
1714602880287.png

1714602783716.png

Ok, I'm going there, but only for the fun of it... If you get fucked by the judges and you're American, you get an apology.

:roflmao:

Reactions: sh3

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
I made sure to like Gabe's comment - hilarious! But Sam Pupo even threw down: Every score counts, no matter what. If the season ends and you're 200 points short, it's because of THAT score.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
brazzos sure like to complain a lot. medina complains more than his sister
I'm not a Brazzo. I'm not even a fan of the Brazzos. Its just become so blatantly obvious at this point that it has to be talked about. Was just listening to a new podcast with Cheyne Horan and he was pretty much on fire about the judging. Worth a listen.

Reactions: Steviesee

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
brazzos sure like to complain a lot. medina complains more than his sister
You should be more worried about fixing the broken judging system than antagonizing the brazzos just because they're annoying. If it was Kelly complaining you would be rallying right behind him.

Just look at Nat's 4.03 against all other waves on the heat. Even after apologizing to Nat and actually changing his score (yeah, that happened), it was still not enough. He needed a 7.21... his wave was excellent. They fucked him. Forget bias, judging simply sucks and needs to improve. I like Julian Wilson's idea of putting cameras and microphone in the judges booth. Something is off, even if it's just incompetence.

Also, I see one brazzo here:

1714651301475.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: sh3 and Havoc

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
You should be more worried about fixing the broken judging system than antagonizing the brazzos just because they're annoying. If it was Kelly complaining you would be rallying right behind him.

Just look at Nat's 4.03 against all other waves on the heat. Even after apologizing to Nat and actually changing his score (yeah, that happened), it was still not enough. He needed a 7.21... his wave was excellent. They fucked him. Forget bias, judging simply sucks and needs to improve. I like Julian Wilson's idea of putting cameras and microphone in the judges booth. Something is off, even if it's just incompetence.

Also, I see one brazzo here:

View attachment 179369
Its all rigged. Was rigged in the 70s and its rigged today. Cheyne Horan goes into it in that podcast I referenced. Worth listening to. Here is the link.

Reactions: Havoc and brukuns

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
If we were antagonizing the Brazzos for being annoying, the proportional response to Kelly would be going to the factory and injecting lead and vax into his endorfins.

I mean yeah the Brazzos can be extremely competitive when encountered on trips but equally annoying as Kelly? Wow. Have we been too hard on you homie?

Clayster

Phil Edwards status
Oct 26, 2005
You guys really take this silly figure skating sport judging system seriously don't you?

With all due respect to Gabby, he might want to entertain this life lesson:

If you are being subjectively judged by people who have the ability to screw you over in so many ways--or reward you in so many ways-- you might want to consider being nice and getting along with them.

Just a thought.

Reactions: sh3

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
You guys really take this silly figure skating sport judging system seriously don't you?

With all due respect to Gabby, he might want to entertain this life lesson:

If you are being subjectively judged by people who have the ability to screw you over in so many ways--or reward you in so many ways-- you might want to consider being nice and getting along with them.

Just a thought.
Your advice is basically "bend over".

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc and Woke AF

Clayster

Phil Edwards status
Oct 26, 2005
Your advice is basically "bend over".
No stifle, and don't publicly criticize people that hold your future in their hands.

Sorry to break it to you, but that's how the world works. What world do you live in?

And don't try to tell me that every other WSL surfer doesn't also get screwed several times a year.

It is what it is--a - subjective figure skating judging system. A pro should learn to deal with it and not throw counter -productive tantrums.

Because when Medina does that, he bends himself over.