Would anyone mind if I started another Mike Tyson thread?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Fuck even in those short little training videos people keep popping out of Mike... even in short bursts, his footwork, speed and power is still so next level. Nobody really fights like that.
The Duffman claims the videos are sped up, but punching power is not purely a matter of speed but momentum transfer from your body through the head of your opponent (simplifying greatly):
m1v1 = m2v2.
where m1 is your weight, v1 is the speed of your fist and m2 is the weight of your opponent's head and v2 is the speed of your opponent's brain hitting the inside of the skull.

Point is, getting your weight and rotation into it is more important than speed (speed still matters).

waxhead

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 31, 2009
Paul loses even if he wins. If somehow he wins, he beats an almost 60 year old man. And if he loses.......I hope he gets knocked out in the second round. Second cause I want to see him get beat up first.

Reactions: tenover

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Point is, getting your weight and rotation into it is more important than speed (speed still matters).
according to jack reacher :roflmao: .... force equals mass times velocity squared thus velocity is the *most* important part of a punch

Homie

Miki Dora status
Sep 2, 2005
Jake Paul's girlfriend is one of those Dutch speed skaters. I think I'd be tongue punching that World Class fartbox. Something about Low Countries plus ice skates = go go gadget turd cutter.

What if the prize was Jake Paul's girlfriend's ass!

• Love
Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
Paul loses even if he wins.
Disagree. He's already won. Big time.
Massive interest in the fight. Huge pay day.

No one gives, or will give a fcuk about Paul's record.

Do you know he lost his last fight?

he fought a proper boxer (Tommy Fury) with an 8-0 record and lost by split decision.

No-one cares.

Win, lose or draw Paul has massively increased his exposure and recognition via this fight.

Reactions: tenover

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020

he fought a proper boxer (Tommy Fury) with an 8-0 record and lost by split decision.

No-one cares.

Win, lose or draw Paul has massively increased his exposure and recognition via this fight.
Money and fame are all that matter, right?

waxhead

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 31, 2009
From that perspective I agree. I'd never heard of him before. I was thinking more of his respect, or lack thereof, as a boxer. But I'm not huge boxing fan, so I don't know what real fans think. I think it's incredibly lame to fight a man almost sixty when you are in your prime.

Now days you can be famous for being famous, which is a strange thing.

No-one cares.

Reactions: Black and PRCD

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
From that perspective I agree. I'd never heard of him before. I was thinking more of his respect, or lack thereof, as a boxer. But I'm not huge boxing fan, so I don't know what real fans think. I think it's incredibly lame to fight a man almost sixty when you are in your prime.

Now days you can be famous for being famous, which is a strange thing.
I dunno. If I was a young buck pro surfer I'd still be stoked to see how I could do against Slater.

• Haha
Reactions: Homie