Would anyone mind if I started another Mike Tyson thread?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
are people betting on this as an actual fight or are they betting on what essentially is "who is vince mcmahon going to have win, hulk or the warrior?"

amazes me people are acting liek this is anything but staged.
We spend most of our time on here deciding who could beat up who.

• Haha
Reactions: 20W-50 and blood

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
are people betting on this as an actual fight or are they betting on what essentially is "who is vince mcmahon going to have win, hulk or the warrior?"

amazes me people are acting liek this is anything but staged.
Brah I hope Mike KO's Jake Paul in violation of the fight rigging.

Then I hope he spares Brick Top, still sprays Vega when the Pop Tarts are done, avoids getting hit by Jake Paul driving Hunny Bunny's Honda, and explains to Jake Paul that JP lost all his LA privileges but lets Zed, Spider, Gimp, et al proceed.

Periwinkle Blue.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I think if this is a real fight Duffy is probably right.

I would love to see Tyson kill this guy but unfortunately the true undefeated heavyweight champion is age.

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Yeah, I almost ripped him a new asshole for that.

And of course Silva would have destroyed him in MMA. JP would need a decade of jiu jitsu just to have a shot. But it was a boxing match.

My son is a BJJ blue belt. I rolled with him yesterday and fucked his ass up for 20 minutes straight.

But he wrestled varsity four years in high school and every time we started on the feet I hit the mat hard. If we were in a wrestling match under wrestling rules my boy would push my sh!t in, no problem.

But guess what? Even though I wiped the floor with him yesterday he still wins. He’s at the gym right now lifting heavy. I’m laying on the couch with ice, a foam roller and bottle of Advil.

Youth wins. Time is undefeated.
What belt are you?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I think if this is a real fight Duffy is probably right.

I would love to see Tyson kill this guy but unfortunately the true undefeated heavyweight champion is age.
Well if teh Duffman is right I will be.....wrong. Stakes are pretty high here.

• Haha
Reactions: freeride76

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
Tyson has to finish it first round. Which he can do.

But every 10 seconds after that is to Jake Paul's advantage. Tyson is almost 60 and smokes a ton of weed and eats handfuls of mushrooms. I'm sure he still has that crazy power but even with two minute rounds, he's going to gas.

That said, there is a ton of overestimation of JP's boxing ability. He has skills, yes. But ask yourself, why is he not working his way up the amateur ranks against opponents his age, in his weight class? Why is he not gunning for Tyson Fury or even better, Oleksander Usyk? Because right now, today, he'd lose the ten fights it takes to get to them. sh!t, fight Deontay Wilder. See how that goes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20W-50 and blood

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Lets be honest, boxing fucking sucks. It's one dimensional. The only buzz around boxing the last 5 years has been these novelty fights. McGregor vs Mayweather. Now Tyson vs Jake Paul. I am stoked Tyson can make some real money. I hope he knocks him out but I don't think it will happen.

Reactions: Your Moms Dildo

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
Tyson has to finish it first round. Which he can do.

But every 10 seconds after that is to Jake Paul's advantage. Tyson is almost 60 and smokes a ton of weed and eats handfuls of mushrooms. I'm sure he still has that crazy power but even with two minute rounds, he's going to gas.

That said, there is a ton of overestimation of JP's boxing ability. He has skills, yes. But ask yourself, why is he not working his way up the amateur ranks against opponents his age, in his weight class? Why is he not gunning for Tyson Fury or even better, Oleksander Usyk? Because right now, today, he'd lose the ten fights it takes to get to them. sh!t, fight Deontay Wilder. See how that goes.
I'll answer that.

Because he has developed a very lucrative career putting on exhibition fights that people want to see- mostly with washed MMA fighters and boxers.

He's a prize fighter who is fighting for big prizes.

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
I'll answer that.

Because he has developed a very lucrative career putting on exhibition fights that people want to see- mostly with washed MMA fighters and boxers.

He's a prize fighter who is fighting for big prizes.
Hear, hear.

He's monetized the punchable face vibe to an extent that people will pay big money on just the off-chance they get to see him get his ass kicked.

He's also smart enough to challenge the (mostly) toothless lions. He may have lost the hubris bet on Tyson though. Jake Paul better hope all those weed and psychedelics mellowed Iron Mike out. Rage and pain can go a long way.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Jake Paul doesn't get much rotation into his punches. Tyson does, and that rotation is coming from out of his opponent's field-of-view inside their wheelhouse due to his "peak-a-boo" style so they have less/no time to brace for it. I'd much rather get hit by Jake Paul than Mike Tyson.

Anyways, they're doign a great job promoting it. Foos like us keep talking about it.

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
Jake Paul doesn't get much rotation into his punches. Tyson does, and that rotation is coming from out of his opponent's field-of-view inside their wheelhouse due to his "peak-a-boo" style so they have less/no time to brace for it. I'd much rather get hit by Jake Paul than Mike Tyson.

Anyways, they're doign a great job promoting it. Foos like us keep talking about it.
ya, but jp has a chick punching him in the gut to train. he'll be just fine...:bricks:

• Haha
Reactions: Chocki and PRCD

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
Lets be honest, boxing fucking sucks. It's one dimensional.
negative, sucka! anythign but one dimensional. real boxers put in MUCH more distance training than the MMA guys. why you think we're on UFC 938? easy disposal...short rounds...brutal....great marketing without big investment into talent. dana white takes advantage of those warriors.