***Official Fin Bolt Thread***

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
This is a crucial and often overlooked necessity.

From top to bottom:

A) Bolt and plate weigh 8 oz.
My go to long time attachment.

B) Bolt with finger flange 11oz
For on-the-fly fin position adjustment. If it is cold and/or there is sand in the box, trying to loosen and adjust the fin position is not fun.

C) Finjak. 5oz
Was given by a shaper who uses it. Easy to use, in and out. I hope it is not prone to self-injection.

The weight difference is significant, and I expect to really feel the difference on the 10'6 Glider.

IMG_2191.jpg

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Lemme know how the finjak works.

Im sick of fussing with the standard bolt setup.

I borrowed an fcs2 center fin and it was pretty painless to pop in and out. Pretty expensive though and I already have a few standard fins that I like.

Reactions: Woke AF

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
I got a finjak for my hipster midlength. I've popped it in there a few times and it feels solid, but I haven't used it in the water yet. The Lovelace fin I have for the board has the screw in the front, so the finjak creates a little bump in front of it. This messes a bit with my OCD, so I'm having to talk myself through it so that I know I won't be able to feel any difference.

Bman76

Nep status
Mar 10, 2011
Lemme know how the finjak works.

Im sick of fussing with the standard bolt setup.

I borrowed an fcs2 center fin and it was pretty painless to pop in and out. Pretty expensive though and I already have a few standard fins that I like.
I've been using them since they started. Never had an issue. Some fins need a little shim or they wobble, but other than that, great way to find sweet spots, or to move the fin around in changing conditions.

money4coffeeman

Gerry Lopez status
Mar 31, 2005
I've been using them since they started. Never had an issue. Some fins need a little shim or they wobble, but other than that, great way to find sweet spots, or to move the fin around in changing conditions.
Never saw the fin jack thing. Looks interesting.
I've always found it relatively easy to make In water center fin adjustments with this type of deal, as long as the fin isn't too tight in the box.

Bman76

Nep status
Mar 10, 2011
Never saw the fin jack thing. Looks interesting.
I've always found it relatively easy to make In water center fin adjustments with this type of deal, as long as the fin isn't too tight in the box.
On land, I'm full-time glasses, so I can't even make out people in the water let alone a screw - finjak has been really good in that regard.

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
I got a finjak for my hipster midlength. I've popped it in there a few times and it feels solid, but I haven't used it in the water yet. The Lovelace fin I have for the board has the screw in the front, so the finjak creates a little bump in front of it. This messes a bit with my OCD, so I'm having to talk myself through it so that I know I won't be able to feel any difference.

LOL, takes a long time to take out a screw plate. Took him longer to remove the packaging material and situate the FinJack. Not sure its worth the tried and true and just use a driver.