The official total solar eclipse thread

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Just stack four pairs of sunglasses together and look through them. Easy peasy. Great direct view of the eclipse, no harm done whatsoever with no pinhole BS. Viewed many an eclipse that way.
we just bust out some old x-rays - watched the eclipse thru a 15 y/o xray of my spine :cheers:

b.r.

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2003
Leucadia
www.youtube.com
winter 1992 surfed del mar rivermouth at sunset during a total eclipse, it was really cool. Looked in to the beach after getting a good ride and there were hundreds of people on the beach and the cliff, they didn't even seem impressed with my wapow, so pitted.
Coworker went to Texas for the ecliplse today, he is really into space and weather related stuff. pics looked really cool.

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
My sister went to TX to see it too. When she told me she was going to Dallas, I'm like WTF you going there for? When she said it was to see the eclipse with friends, I was like, it that a thing? I guess it is.
Told her she should try to get to the Arboretum to see it. It's one of the only kind of cool tings to check out in that bore of a town.

Am I missing something? I just don't get the frenzy over an eclipse. I've seen a couple and it was neat but nothing to book airfare over IMO.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
My sister went to TX to see it too. When she told me she was going to Dallas, I'm like WTF you going there for? When she said it was to see the eclipse with friends, I was like, it that a thing? I guess it is.
Told her she should try to get to the Arboretum to see it. It's one of the only kind of cool tings to check out in that bore of a town.

Am I missing something? I just don't get the frenzy over an eclipse. I've seen a couple and it was neat but nothing to book airfare over IMO.
Tell that to my 9 year old son.

He is very irritated with me right now that we didn't go to Texas to view the eclipse. Reminded him that there are many others in the future and if we are going to travel for one, it's going to be somewhere better than Texas. :roflmao: