WTF with parents going on Spring Break with their kids?

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
So much of how we lived in the 70s and 80s would be considered child abuse. Every fucking kid has a water bottle at all times, FFS. When I was young the only kids who died of dehydration were HS football players in Texas.

One of the most fun bands to see on Del Playa in Isla Vista in the 90s was Latch Key Kids, probably named after the Bad Religion song.

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
So much of how we lived in the 70s and 80s would be considered child abuse. Every fucking kid has a water bottle at all times, FFS. When I was young the only kids who died of dehydration were HS football players in Texas.

One of the most fun bands to see on Del Playa in Isla Vista in the 90s was Latch Key Kids, probably named after the Bad Religion song.
Lol, I saw them (and played with them) many times at The Living Room.

Last edited:

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth

1712599578512.jpeg

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
I bet if you bottled "hose water" you could sell it as a novelty and make some money.
Can't find it but Penn & Teller had a show called "Bullshit!" and they did a whole segment on bottled water industry. They set up hidden cams in a restaurant and set up fake 'water menu' for gourmet water and were literally out back filling the glasses with hose water for the customers.

Reactions: PRCD

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
When I was working for UC Santa Cruz, this was until 2010 or so, parents would call my office (gift management/Foundation) and try to get their kids into classes that were full. I heard stories about parents accompanying kids to meetings with professors.

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
Depends on the trip.
When conditions and schedules allow, we often get a place in Mammoth for spring break so our son can host a bunch of his friends. They do their thing we do ours. More often than not, they stoke the fridge every night and we eat well and recap the day's events. If they go out, we're fast asleep before they return. If one of them gets lucky, they've been respectful and enjoyed themselves at the unfortunate persons place.
As Clayster notes above, there is an absurd amount of laughing and good times.
Now if the destination is Mazatlán via the desert train for a week long fiesta of booze and copious amounts of casual sex, that would be very creepy.

VTK

Dec 6, 2008
Guess Coast
What's his erBB handle?
GBG? The lack of wine references makes me have doubts....maybe the guy who repo'd power boats back in the day? Sensual Surfer? Naw, too raw. Subway on the rebound? The new and improved SurfFueteventura? SGVL? He liked it raw dawg. Eh, he was just a voyeur. Eunice? No, no blood and saws. Inquiring minds....:dancing::shrug:

Reactions: TeamScam