WTF with parents going on Spring Break with their kids?

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
This is my generation too.

I’m seeing a bunch of posts with parents on Spring Break in Mex with their kids.

I partied with these girls down in Mex 30 years ago…

I just don’t get it.

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc

CCKeith

Gerry Lopez status
May 13, 2014
Also, what's with half the world taking off work for spring break. When I was a kid, the parents in my neighborhood left all the kids to fend for themselves.
It’s really dangerous out there I guess

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Have any of you ever been to a USC football game? The tailgates at their home games are wild displays of rich ass legacy parents and grandparents spending big bucks on big spreads of food and alcohol in an attempt to relive the college experience. It’s where you go to see grandma doing kegstands on a Saturday morning. It’s a really weird scene.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Have any of you ever been to a USC football game? The tailgates at their home games are wild displays of rich ass legacy parents and grandparents spending big bucks on big spreads of food and alcohol in an attempt to relive the college experience. It’s where you go to see grandma doing kegstands on a Saturday morning. It’s a really weird scene.
Kegstand Grandmas is the name of my marching band.

Occasionally I'll go to Cal Poly for something. Feels weird being on campus again at such an older age. Kids legit look like they're in highschool. Couldn't imagine partying with them. Would be awkward af.
I'd treat them just like my own kids: Noogies and indian burns. And no more sugar. :roflmao:

Clayster

Phil Edwards status
Oct 26, 2005
Old people who need validation from social media is why.

Also, what's with half the world taking off work for spring break. When I was a kid, the parents in my neighborhood left all the kids to fend for themselves.

Sadly, the "fend for themselves" school of parenting ended 40 years ago.

As for going on spring break with your kid, I am guilty. Eight years ago, my son asked if I wanted to go on a surf trip to PR with his buddies for their spring break. Undoubtedly, he wanted me to pay for most everything. He also knew that I wouldn't interfere with what they wanted to do. There were a bunch of other kids there from UF, including a number of girls.

Good surf every day, and in the evening I would crack a beer and sit back and watch the antics. I can't remember another week in my life where I laughed so much. It was great.

And social media had zero to do with anything.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Sadly, the "fend for themselves" school of parenting ended 40 years ago.

As for going on spring break with your kid, I am guilty. Eight years ago, my son asked if I wanted to go on a surf trip to PR with his buddies for their spring break. Undoubtedly, he wanted me to pay for most everything. He also knew that I wouldn't interfere with what they wanted to do. There were a bunch of other kids there from UF, including a number of girls.

Good surf every day, and in the evening I would crack a beer and sit back and watch the antics. I can't remember another week in my life where I laughed so much. It was great.

And social media had zero to do with anything.
Did you pound any freshman co-eds?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: PJ and $kully