New Settings In Instagram Censoring Political Content

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Now we know the clowns truly don’t know what censorship is :LOL:
Once again this is not censorship. The government is not the one doing it.
It seems like you might be conflating freedom of speech and censorship.

I could very well be wrong, but I always understood censorship to be a process by which any group or individual seeks to limit information or silence dissent of another individual or group.

Now if one is talking about their constitutional right of Free Speech, the government is the only one that can violate that.

Last edited:

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
It seems like you might be conflating freedom of speech and censorship.

I could very well be wrong, but I always understood censorship to be a process by which any group or individual seeks to limit information or silence dissent.

Now if one is talking about their constitutional right of Free Speech, the government is the only one that can violate that.
fair enough.

there is a distinction between government and corporate censorship.

if you don’t like the company imposing the rules you are free to use another service.

is this kind of like a baker refusing to make a gay cake?

Reactions: Ifallalot

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Yep, Trump said and you are denying reality for your cult leader.
GrossFlab is framing this as a bloodbath for political ads. How will politicians be able to bilk people out of their money if they’re unable to bombard them with ads 24-7 on social media?

Did GrossFlab ever stop to think that maybe IG is responding to complaints from users who are annoyed by constant political ads and content?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
You got conned and can't admit it. Love it. Going to rub your face in it over and over and over.
You are delusional, just like you did not want the death penalty for 1/6 scumbags until it turned out they were your people? You are pathologically dishonest just like your hero Dementia Don

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
You are delusional, just like you did not want the death penalty for 1/6 scumbags until it turned out they were your people? You are pathologically dishonest just like your hero Dementia Don
I called for the death penalty. What more do you want?

Here is what I propose: Take every bad actor arrested inside the Capital building causing damage and line them up for a firing squad. Zero tolerance. When the dust settles we will find that the bad actors here were the same anarchist assholes who have caused problems from coast to coast for years regardless of what they wore for today's festivities. Line them up and put them down.

• Love
Reactions: sirfun and mundus