Kelly Slater put me in a chokehold

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
What the heck! So many strange things about that video. He talks about himself so much that it's hard to tell if the video is about Kelly Slater or Michael Chriswell? At the 24 min mark you can see him speaking at public events and hanging out with Zig Ziglar (motivational speaker). This guy is clearly full of himself.

Also, why didn’t he just send the video to Kelly directly and not post it publicly on the internet? He could have easily made the video private on YouTube and just sent Kelly the link?

I understand the feeling of being called to do something, but this is a strange and twisted manner of communicating something so allegedly important to Kelly publically. Do any other Christians out there think this might not be the right way to reach out to someone on a spiritual level?

If their childhood friends he could have easily sent him a message and asked to meet for coffee or dinner or went to a surf event or something... this is freakin weird behavior!

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
This guy needs to see a therapist to explain to him why he's dreaming about KS.

KyleTalbott

Nep status
Jul 6, 2008
What the heck! So many strange things about that video. He talks about himself so much that it's hard to tell if the video is about Kelly Slater or Michael Chriswell? At the 24 min mark you can see him speaking at public events and hanging out with Zig Ziglar (motivational speaker). This guy is clearly full of himself.

Also, why didn’t he just send the video to Kelly directly and not post it publicly on the internet? He could have easily made the video private on YouTube and just sent Kelly the link?

I understand the feeling of being called to do something, but this is a strange and twisted manner of communicating something so allegedly important to Kelly publically. Do any other Christians out there think this might not be the right way to reach out to someone on a spiritual level?

If their childhood friends he could have easily sent him a message and asked to meet for coffee or dinner or went to a surf event or something... this is freakin weird behavior!
I follow Christ but/and this seems off.

I hope he intends it well and I hope it's well received. From my point of view (I stopped around the 3 min mark), it is pretty confusing.

Reactions: ReForest

KyleTalbott

Nep status
Jul 6, 2008
I follow Christ but/and this seems off.

I hope he intends it well and I hope it's well received. From my point of view (I stopped around the 3 min mark), it is pretty confusing.
OK. I watched a few more snippets. I am still confused on a few core elements (namely intent, medium, execution and delivery) but I don't want to trash the guy so I'm going to bow out.

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
in day care, kelly slater once bit my arm - to this day i have no idea why.

we were each around 2 years old at the time, perhaps interested in a similar toy - it came out of nowhere. to this day, it haunts me

• Haha
Reactions: expotatonator

Swallow Tail

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
This guy needs to see a therapist to explain to him why he's dreaming about KS.
That could apply to a lot of the erBB bro too
Maybe they could start an I Dream of Slater Support Group? I didn’t realize this was a rampant thing.

Clearly the guy needs help n I sincerely hope he finds it. We all need a lil help from time to time

• Haha

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
OK. I watched a few more snippets. I am still confused on a few core elements (namely intent, medium, execution and delivery) but I don't want to trash the guy so I'm going to bow out.
I watched the whole thing and by the end my mind was blown. Too many negative things to say and I'd rather not trash the guy either, but there is definitely a mental diagnosis there.

His dream is described as him and Kelly surfing a wave together. He makes a comparison of Kelly being great at surfing and him being great at public speaking - and both are gifts from God - but he professed belief in Christ and Kelly didn't. He also talks about Kelly having "beautiful eyes" and being one of the 50 hottest people (or something like that). His strange fixation and obsession seems more about sharing who "he is" as a person rather than who "Christ is". Its super weird is probably going to deter a lot of people from Christianity, but hopefully people see this is not what Christianity is about.