Facebook/Instagram/Threads down hard

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
I’ve been cleaning out storage and throwing old stuff away and found some cassette tapes. A lot of them. Some gems and some home made vinyl to tape of hard to get albums. Some not available on streaming.

I didn’t even have a tape player to listen so I ordered one. Had to order wired earpods too. It’s been nice. Tapes sound better than streaming and there’s music I haven’t heard in a long time.

I ordered my son a cd player and tape player too so I can take away his phone at night and he can fall asleep listening to music without the temptation of the interweb.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Facebook came along right around the time that I got my first digital camera. I've used it as a free repository for my photography ever since. I must have close to 100,000 photos stored on facebook between family photos and my photography hobby. Some of those shots I'd probably be hard pressed to find on an old laptop or hard drive. I'd be pretty pissed if it went away just for that reason. I should probably see if there is a way to back it all up elsewhere. Someday the plug will be pulled or facebook will start to charge for access the storage space you've been getting for free.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I use instagram a bit. What’s the issue? I see hot chicks, funny cat stuff, rad surfboards and keep in touch with family/friends, get scheduling updates from the place where I train, buy shrooms….

It’s great.

You're in SB, right?
I know a La Conchita guy that had started a shroom company, last I heard.

Last edited:

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
I’ve been cleaning out storage and throwing old stuff away and found some cassette tapes. A lot of them. Some gems and some home made vinyl to tape of hard to get albums. Some not available on streaming.

I didn’t even have a tape player to listen so I ordered one. Had to order wired earpods too. It’s been nice. Tapes sound better than streaming and there’s music I haven’t heard in a long time.

I ordered my son a cd player and tape player too so I can take away his phone at night and he can fall asleep listening to music without the temptation of the interweb.
Got this setup at work. One time I had a few Gen-Zs in my office and they were tripping.

Cassettes_Interns_1.jpg

Nov 13, 2007
Facebook came along right around the time that I got my first digital camera. I've used it as a free repository for my photography ever since. I must have close to 100,000 photos stored on facebook between family photos and my photography hobby. Some of those shots I'd probably be hard pressed to find on an old laptop or hard drive. I'd be pretty pissed if it went away just for that reason. I should probably see if there is a way to back it all up elsewhere. Someday the plug will be pulled or facebook will start to charge for access the storage space you've been getting for free.
All those photos are legal property of Facebook.

Joshua2415

Tom Curren status
Jul 18, 2005
San Clemente
Thanks! I was wondering what happened to the snooze for 30 day feature. It used to be where you could click the little 3 dots on the suggested post and then snooze all suggestions, then it changed with an update and I didn't have the time or energy to figure it out. :computer: