Facebook/Instagram/Threads down hard

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
This morning had me thinking, What if Tech/Social Media organized an outage (strike if you will) around a cause?

MFers would fold in 3 hours.

Ceasefire, done by lunch.
Universal Healthcare? done.
Affordable Housing. We will find a way..

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
This morning had me thinking, What if Tech/Social Media organized an outage (strike if you will) around a cause?

MFers would fold in 3 hours.

Ceasefire, done by lunch.
Universal Healthcare? done.
Affordable Housing. We will find a way..
It can be turned off/out by the user. That won’t happen. It’s like crack.

Tons of small businesses here use it for advertising and booking clients.

I agree with your last paragraph.

Reactions: ReForest

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
after everything we know about these sites - it boggles my mind people are still on them. get off, its amazing
I’ve been considering this. I haven’t posted much at all on the socials for several months now, but I still scroll them sort of mindlessly. Sure it’s fun to see random friends far and wide doing interesting things but the robo content and the overall time suck is just getting old. its just as easy to click on whatever book I’m reading

erBB is Exhausting enough, ditching insta/FB would be a load off

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
I’ve been considering this. I haven’t posted much at all on the socials for several months now, but I still scroll them sort of mindlessly. Sure it’s fun to see random friends far and wide doing interesting things but the robo content and the overall time suck is just getting old. its just as easy to click on whatever book I’m reading

erBB is Exhausting enough, ditching insta/FB would be a load off
100%.

Now when you scroll your feed there are 3-4 ads and or suggestions for you between every one that you follow.

I don't need their suggestions. Just want to see what I follow and they can shove the suggestions where the sun doesn't shine. :cursing:

Reactions: Joshua2415

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
after everything we know about these sites - it boggles my mind people are still on them. get off, its amazing
I use instagram a bit. What’s the issue? I see hot chicks, funny cat stuff, rad surfboards and keep in touch with family/friends, get scheduling updates from the place where I train, buy shrooms….

It’s great.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016