CA Coastal Recommendations near LA for 2-4 week Stay in July/August

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Fark! Malibu seems sketchy :LOL: I better sharpen up my fins before I go just in case
To clarify the joke -

the photo i posted from Fast and the Furious is Neptune’s with County Line in the background.

the one you posted from Point Break I believe is Leo Carrillo State beach.

Reactions: Goofy_Footed

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
To clarify the joke -

the photo i posted from Fast and the Furious is Neptune’s with County Line in the background.

the one you posted from Point Break I believe is Leo Carrillo State beach.
I figured. Just playing along. Although I didn’t know where the PB scene was shot. That was the first image that popped in my head when I thought of a surf fight.

Reactions: sdsrfr

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
This guy posts regular county updates. Among other things. Might be worth following along.

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
This guy posts regular county updates. Among other things. Might be worth following along.

Sick! thanks. Looks fun, but man you guys weren't lying when you said it's kook city. Maybe I can hit it on the weekday off-hours?

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Newps is crowded and is a PITA. HB is super manageable crowdwise. So many sandbars - alot of current - it keeps people spread out except at the pier.

LA is gonna be boring. Not easy to get around etc. Id post up in Newps or even Laguna/Dana Point - then youre a short drive to lots of stuff surf wise - and about an hour and 15 minutes to central LA.
This is correct.