YOLO ALERTS

vanrysss

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 25, 2019
from Oregon, now SD
Was on a mission this afternoon to buy a thruster as a step up from my fish. Thinking something that I whip out when the waves hit shoulder high or bigger. I figured Pyzalien, Red Tiger, I72, OG Flyer sorta board. Ended up going home with a 6'0" Xanadu Xank from Hansen's. Board felt sick under the arm, close to the dims I wanted etc. Got home all excited, checked Xanadu 's website and it says board is meant for waves up to shoulder high. Well, mighta played myself. We shall see

1000004360.jpg

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I remembered someone being hyped on the Xank so I searched the forum:

Reactions: vanrysss and JDJ

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
That board looks money.

I’ve always wanted to try some Xanadus, but his website and board range is kinda overwhelming. There are so many models.

vanrysss

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 25, 2019
from Oregon, now SD
I remembered someone being hyped on the Xank so I searched the forum:

If it can handle head high with push it should work fine around here on bigger days. Stocked

dcurbelo

OTF status
Jan 27, 2011
Atlantic Ocean
One of Xanadu's most outstanding designs and a safe bet. A flatter rocker combined with kind of a traditional outline, but the magic lies in other subtle design details. The way it projects sometimes can get you off guard. It was never my cup of tea just because of my personal preference for boards with more tail rocker.The buddy I usually surf with, has embraced all my second hands with joy and it has become his go-to model.
I just got a RR model from him and I must admit that it's the most progressive design I have checked since a long time ago. His mind never stops thinking forward.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
The wave size range/appropriate skill level listed for boards on all kinds of shapers websites seems…flexible, to say the least…
eg CI peregrine for a novice surfer in waist high waves? Intermediate surfer in three foot waves on a freakin ghost?

less sales pitch, more honesty please. Like the sticker on the wizard sleeve when it came out, saying something like “if this board is for you then you already know it”

Reactions: Fishyhb

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Haha. Trying to keep the froth contained cause dealing with being drydocked for a little bit.

Text is from Bert at HIC. Kerry Tokoro designed and shaped the boar.

Before you guys ask I plan on trying the T1 or T2 fins and I also had ordered the Mandala and the Stussy Roots twin from True Ames for similar size and upright template. Will see how they go.