Tomo MPH

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
if one wanted a DA Tomo to cover the low end of a quiver (say under a TKF), one would order an Evo over a Vader2, right?
I would say Vader 2. The Vader 2 is starting to feel more and more like the sweet spot is HH and below. The wide point feels like it is below center and with that wide diamond tail its feeling really good in the small stuff. I think the Vader 2 would out perform the Evo on small stuff.

Reactions: tedshred5 and JDJ

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Those are good dims IMO. I might go 2 9/16. Here is my old one. 5’9, 19 5/8, 2 9/16, based on a slimmed down version of RK’s personal. Mine was still HP and I’m around your size, a touch lighter right now.

View attachment 173632

View attachment 173633
sorry but i’m triggered by that leash wrapping around the fins…

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
No - never. The Vader came out when I was still a "beginner" surfer and I didn't ride it in those type of conditions.
I've been wanted to ride your deathstar in some larger waves, but i was always waiting for the right conditions (because the volume is so low). I wanted a nice clean bigger day to test it out. Never got the chance.
circa 2020?

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
I would say Vader 2. The Vader 2 is starting to feel more and more like the sweet spot is HH and below. The wide point feels like it is below center and with that wide diamond tail its feeling really good in the small stuff. I think the Vader 2 would out perform the Evo on small stuff.
interesting. how's the Vader2 compare to the Revo?

Oct 5, 2021
Really, wow. I havent ridden a Vader or vanguard, but they are nearly an inch narrower than evo/revo at same volume for me. That would be far narrower than any HPSB I ride, so have always thought of these boards as being much more hp than groveller.

Reactions: jkb and Goodfish

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Really, wow. I havent ridden a Vader or vanguard, but they are nearly an inch narrower than evo/revo at same volume for me. That would be far narrower than any HPSB I ride, so have always thought of these boards as being much more hp than groveller.
that's what I would've thought too

Reactions: Goodfish

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I'm still working it out, but I think it's the wide tail and the parallel outline that makes me think of it as a good groveler. It has a nice low exit rocker that has been working well in recent mushy oside waves.

I rode the V2 in some pretty good size OH waves from this last W swell and it went good, but it seems to excel in the junky waves. Good paddler, short, wide tail. Good pivot with the diamond tail. It checks all the boxes.

IMG_4137.jpeg

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
interesting. how's the Vader2 compare to the Revo?
The Revo has channels running throught the Vee, but the Vader seems to just have Vee (no channels) that blends into a quad inside single behind the fins. The feel different but similar.

Here is the Vee hull from the front.
IMG_4143.jpeg

Here it is from the back.
IMG_4144.jpeg

Reactions: waxfoot

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Hells no! She was sound asleep in the bedroom and I made sure to not leave a trace of evidence that any surfboard was remotely close to "her" table.
He's selling foil boars now. When do you pick one up???

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
I'm still working it out, but I think it's the wide tail and the parallel outline that makes me think of it as a good groveler. It has a nice low exit rocker that has been working well in recent mushy oside waves.

I rode the V2 in some pretty good size OH waves from this last W swell and it went good, but it seems to excel in the junky waves. Good paddler, short, wide tail. Good pivot with the diamond tail. It checks all the boxes.

View attachment 173684
rocker on the vader looks good for smaller waves

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
He's selling foil boars now. When do you pick one up???
I don't think I'll ever own a foil board. No matter who makes it. lol.
rocker on the vader looks good for smaller waves
Yep! It has been working great in the small stuff. Because this Vader 2 is wider than the original, I actually think it feels a bit GMM2-ish... but better. It has a more pulled in nose, but same wide/parallel outline as the GMM2.

• Haha
Reactions: PRCD

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Because this Vader 2 is wider than the original, I actually think it feels a bit GMM2-ish... but better. It has a more pulled in nose, but same wide/parallel outline as the GMM2.
I'm sure it's a more pulled in tail.

And judging by your picture, the rocker on the forward/nose rail versus the stringer line is pretty significant.

Reactions: oeste858