Miserable people

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Oddly, negative thinking correlates with intelligence.

Even stranger, it's estimated somewhere around 80% of thoughts flowing through the brain every day are negative.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I’d be curious how they measured thoughts

as far as the negativity correlating with intelligence, I don’t know what to make of that

Reactions: john4surf

Will there be snacks

Miki Dora status
Mar 18, 2011
Hotel Coral Essex

Even stranger, it's estimated somewhere around 80% of thoughts flowing through the brain every day are negative.
Not sure if it's real science or snake oil, since every doctor is selling a book, but I've watched some youtube vids where they're saying all thoughts (brain activity) create chemicals and we get addicted to those chemicals. Negative thought creates a chemical in the body that we get addicted to.

Not sure if it's related, but I have the hardest time letting go of disappointment. I got fugged over royally at work 6 months ago and I still think about it multiple times a day.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Not sure if it's real science or snake oil, since every doctor is selling a book, but I've watched some youtube vids where they're saying all thoughts (brain activity) create chemicals and we get addicted to those chemicals. Negative thought creates a chemical in the body that we get addicted to.

Not sure if it's related, but I have the hardest time letting go of disappointment. I got fugged over royally at work 6 months ago and I still think about it multiple times a day.
What happened 6 months ago

putting it out there may help put it completely behind you

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010

Don’t get mad/sad. Get even.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego

I don’t correlate negative thinking with miserable.

I have a very negative minded brain. I can see what I don’t like in things better than what I do.

Perpetual Negative Nancys (PNN)
my wife calls me a Positive Peter. No idea how I come off in written form here, however.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017

you're normal