Carissa & WSL...DONE?

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
Can we get this thread back on track? It's about Carissa being done with the WSL and what's next for her. Can anyone else get behind her and her sister doing what we've been suggesting the Florence brothers do and create some kind of stab, I mean slab tour and document it all?

View attachment 171373
They grow up fast. Carissa and Cayla Moore, Nalu Underground movie premiere, 4/30/2006.

CarissaMoore_NUMovie_060430.jpg

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
I have no idea when this was but Carissa was a little kid and entered a QS at San Miguel and almost made the quarters- she got through a few rounds much to the embarrassment of the guys she was surfing against if I recall..was pretty epic at the time. Funny enough I think Daniel TOMO Thompson surfed the same event and did ok...

Reactions: silentbutdeadly

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I have no idea when this was but Carissa was a little kid and entered a QS at San Miguel and almost made the quarters- she got through a few rounds much to the embarrassment of the guys she was surfing against if I recall..was pretty epic at the time. Funny enough I think Daniel TOMO Thompson surfed the same event and did ok...

She got a 10 in the first round if I remember correctly.
And yes, Tomo surfed that event once. It very well may have been the same year.

Clayster

Phil Edwards status
Oct 26, 2005
Dude, Brazilians don't give a sh!t about pro surfing. Only the actual surfers are interested and that's a very, very, VERY tiny parcel of the population. The rest are just glad to know Brazil has a world champion, but they only watch Medina when gossip magazines are talking about his latest affairs, they don't watch the contests... even surfers barely do, it's legit boring.

Any wipeout reel will get 1000x more views than a WSL competition.
Wut? Straight up nonsense.

Brazzos love surfing and have a high viewership rate. Perhaps because your guys are winning, but still.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
IDGAF about any kind of world tour but IMO not many surfers really follow it and the surf companies don't really need it. When my daughter was a teenager she was into surfing from about age 15 - 20, Wavestorm on sunny days level. She really found Bethany Hamilton inspiring and coincidentally owned a sh!t-ton of Roxy gear. Did not follow pro surfing, though.

Kind of quit surfing when she moved to SF.

Last edited:

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Meathead will always watch sports. Meathead wannabe will always argue about sports. Meathead superior. Meathead Rule! Meathead have football. Surfer meathead too, a little. And groupies. Big-time groupie machine. I get a raise too?

Reactions: Bob Dobbalina

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Wut? Straight up nonsense.

Brazzos love surfing and have a high viewership rate. Perhaps because your guys are winning, but still.
Brazilians love football bro, not surfing. Brazilian surfers love and watch surfing, a teeny tiny portion of the huge Brazilian population. Brazilians form a high portion of surfing viewership world wide because, let's face it, almost nobody watches surfing. It's boring as fuck, I couldn't imagine stomaching through an event if you're not a surfer.

Reactions: sh3 and PRCD

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
IDGAF about any kind of world you but IMO not many surfers really follow it and the surf companies don't really need it. When my daughter was a teenager she was into surfing from about age 15 - 20, Wavestorm on sunny days level. She really found Bethany Hamilton inspiring and coincidentally owned a sh!t-ton of Roxy gear. Did not follow pro surfing, though.

Kind of quit surfing when she moved to SF.
It was a coincidence that she liked Bethany but owned gear from a brand Bethany was unassociated with?

• Haha
Reactions: Bob Dobbalina

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
She deserves every bit of it.

That said, there were like 20 people there. Is that the best they could do?