6’0 stamps gx *Best board 2023
6’3 stamps gxrt *one sesh / should be a keeper*
6’4 album moonstone varial *didn’t click w it/ sold*
6’9 lovemachine fm varial *great board but sold*
7’0 Lovelace fm custom. *3rd best board 2023 / All time fav midlength*
7’8 lovemachine fm *good in soft waves*
8’0 Lovelace Vbowls
9’6 lovemachine fm *fun in small waves but excels in OH*
9’11 deepest reaches megafish *had a great run w this one over the years but sold*

best year of surf for me in a long time. Figure I got about 250+ sessions in this year
So...
1st place - 6’0 stamps gx *Best board 2023
2nd place - 5’9 album Bom Dia *2nd best board 2023/ the one I want to ride the most*
3rd place - 7’0 Lovelace fm custom. *3rd best board 2023 / All time fav midlength*

Is that right? Just want to make sure so i can order my Bom Dia.

Reactions: j_mac

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Flare 5’7
CI neckbeard 5’7”
Buzzsaw 5’8

All of these go really well at my local. Can’t decide which works best.
Very weak waves i prefer the flare.
If it’s a hair stronger then the neck.
When is actually a good day of waves for my local, then i prefer the buzzsaw. Tailblock is a narrower than the neckB.
I appreciate this review in that I’ve wanted to try both of those other boards but have been telling myself my flare is as good if not better a stubby shorty dd. Lol

Reactions: j_mac

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
How do you utilize this one? I’ve been eyeballing one as a multi purpose/step up add to the quiver.
Step up NCSD reefs. It is new this winter so I am still trying to figure it out. I’ve had some good ones on the swells of late. Did some kook turns unable to use the rail right or get the foot back on the fin. Paddles super good. I think multi purpose is a good way to look at it. I would never take it on my Mex or Indo trips as of now. Life changes As we age so who knows.

Reactions: sushipop

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
5’8” VS Manta - barely surfed but always fun
5’10” Mandala DA Superchunk - same as above
5’10” Hydrodynamica GMM2 - very fun in playful beachbreak. More rippable than it looks.
6’6” VS Shadow - just traded for, very fun
6’8” Sakal Sabre twin - super versatile, good travel/Mex board
7’2” Mandala Delta V twin - see above, but more cruisey and less rippy.
7’2” VS Hyperglide - loving so far. Paddle and trim beast, loose as a twin/nub.
9’3” VS HPTC 2+1 - old faithful lb, super user friendly in wide range
9’6” Cherry Picker - sold
9’6” Apex - sold
9’5” Neo Classic - only one fun session so far
Whatd you think of the cherry picker? I almost grabbed one of those instead of the apex.

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
Step up NCSD reefs. It is new this winter so I am still trying to figure it out. I’ve had some good ones on the swells of late. Did some kook turns unable to use the rail right or get the foot back on the fin. Paddles super good. I think multi purpose is a good way to look at it. I would never take it on my Mex or Indo trips as of now. Life changes As we age so who knows.
Thanks for the feedback. Kinda sounds like what I’m looking for as I think we surf a lot of the same kind of spots. :cheers:

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
IMG_20230603_163852715.jpegIMG_20230603_163852715.jpegIMG_20230603_164222830.jpeg
I always wondered how the MC eggs stack up to the GH bonzegg.

@urchined you ever ridden the gh?
Nope-only eggs I’ve ever ridden were the CC huntsman, Sakal Sabre and this one. Not the bonzer comparison you’re asking about. All super different-which is probably obvious. I did tell malcolm I wanted it for the high end range-not low. narrower with tuned rails. Here’s a pic MC texted before I got it. Super cool of him btw.

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
Reactions: sdsrfr

Oceanslide

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2008
Oceanside, CA
Whatd you think of the cherry picker? I almost grabbed one of those instead of the apex.
Noserides better than the Apex but not as easy to turn. Apex may be a little better paddler. Liked, but didn’t love either. If I surfed clean small points the CP would prob be great.

Reactions: Aruka

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA
You guys are nuts. Do you *really* think you are *that good* of a surfer to notice the difference in an inch(or even 2") of a board in ever-changing conditions?

erBB Answer = "Yes"(In your mind)
Truth= Nope

Mar 19, 2013
5’7 album plasmic da *fastest board / rocket*
5’8 fw seaside * knock fw all you want but this was a great board*
5’9 album Bom Dia *2nd best board 2023/ the one I want to ride the most*
5’10 album twinsman da *pretty good only a few sessions *
5’10 album Bom Dia varial *sold / too heavy and too much volume *
5’11 album twinsman varial *solid sessions all year on this one*
6’0 stamps gx *Best board 2023
6’3 stamps gxrt *one sesh / should be a keeper*
6’4 album moonstone varial *didn’t click w it/ sold*
6’9 lovemachine fm varial *great board but sold*
7’0 Lovelace fm custom. *3rd best board 2023 / All time fav midlength*
7’8 lovemachine fm *good in soft waves*
8’0 Lovelace Vbowls
9’6 lovemachine fm *fun in small waves but excels in OH*
9’11 deepest reaches megafish *had a great run w this one over the years but sold*

best year of surf for me in a long time. Figure I got about 250+ sessions in this year
About to pull the trigger on a Bom Dia. Is the 5'9 is PU from album? Was there a big difference from Varial and Album shape? Also, what fins? Thanks

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
You guys are nuts. Do you *really* think you are *that good* of a surfer to notice the difference in an inch(or even 2") of a board in ever-changing conditions?

erBB Answer = "Yes"(In your mind)
Truth= Nope
Im on the downward slide of being good but I can feel the difference between 2 boars of the same dims. Flatter rocker vs more, twin vs tri, eps/epoxy vs pu/pe, pin vs squash vs swallow…..

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
For the record, my soloshot indicates that I surfer 114 times in 2023. Every session was filmed by the soloshot (with the exception of 1 or 2 sessions). My estimate, for waves caught in 2023 is 957 waves. On average, that is 2.62 waves caught per day. lol.

Not bad for someone living 40 miles from the coast. lol. The estimated miles are around 9,120 (just surfing). I might try and calculate the gas spent.

Last edited:

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
5'0 Album Plasmic PU: super fun, but a little too small. still have it, but bought a longer one later in the year.
5'5 Album Twinsman PU: couple standout sessions on it but ended up selling it due to inconsistency and lack of oomph in weaker waves.
5'4 Album Lightbender Wing PU: fun boar, but don't ride it as much as the Plasmic.
6'2 Album Moonstone XTR: super fun in everything from knee high to well overhead.
5'8 Album Bom Dia PU: such a good boar from waist high to overhead.
5'7 Album Disorder PU: same fun factor as Bom Dia, though maybe slightly more HP.
5'3 Album Plasmic Varial/EPS: super fun, but the rail thickness/under arm feel messes with my head. might order a bit longer/more foiled one at some point.
5'6 Album Bullet PU: super fun in everything from knee high to about head high. more HP than Plasmic or Lightbender.
5'8 Pyzel Phantom PU: I've had this one for a couple years, but I rode it once on a bigger day this year and quickly realized why I now prefer twins/quads. felt slow compared to everything else I have ridden this year. still a really good boar, just prefer different fin setups these days.
5'6 CI Rocket Wide PU: bought used for a good deal. used to have one and really liked it. rode this one once and realized I didn't prefer it to any of the other boars, so ended up selling it.

- Album fanboy over and out :love:

Last edited:

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
For the record, my soloshot indicates that I surfer 114 times in 2023. Every session was filmed by the soloshot (with the exception of 1 or 2 sessions). My estimate, for waves caught in 2023 is 957. On average, that is 2.62 waves caught per day. lol.

Not bad for someone living 40 miles from the coast. lol. The estimated miles are around 9,120 (just surfing). I might try and calculate the gas spent.
1. Move closer to the ocean
2. Stop filming yourself every session
3. Catch more waves

Honest advice, not trolling.