Halloween with the Gromsdads

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
The end of the trip doesn’t bother me as much as age which is weird.

Ive been having my mid(ish) life crisis and it’s largely due to inherent responsibilities as one gets older and less time outside of a professional life and responsibilities. I need a set up like you patron.

I did tell my girl to put me out of my misery when my body is old and broken, that freaked her out a bit.

now show me your tiny violins.:violin::violin:
My wife threatens to put me out of her misery. :drowning:

No violins for you. :poke:

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002

Ive been having my mid(ish) life crisis and it’s largely due to inherent responsibilities as one gets older and less time outside of a professional life and responsibilities. I need a set up like you patron.

I did tell my girl to put me out of my misery when my body is old and broken, that freaked her out a bit.

um, you’re kidding, right?
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
um, you’re kidding, right?
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Hey man life’s stressful for an almost 32 (I think) year old arb.

I’ve been trying to politely turn down side work left and right and people just keep telling me “that’s fine come a different time”.

so I’ve been stuck in this indefinite tire kicking with these people.:drowning:

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010

I’ve been trying to politely turn down side work left and right and people just keep telling me “that’s fine come a different time”.

You need at least two grade school age kids.

That’s the ticket to enjoying life in general and especially Halloween and Christmas!

Reactions: manbearpig

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002

While I’ve got serious valid thoughts I could share, I’ll hold back and say that I kind of feel like you need to get knocked out of a tree
and get some perspective on your way down

That’ll only work well if you’re all harnessed in or whatever you do to stay safe

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA

1 What is an "arb"?

2 Wait a second, manbearpig is almost 32 years old? Quit the politics page immediately, go to the neighborhood bar tomorrow at 1 PM, buy some regulars drinks, listen to their stories, then promise yourself not to be anything like them.

3 Being bothered by "age" and not the end of the trip? I sort of get that. Am more bothered by decreasing ability to recover than outright age.

4 You tell your girl to put you out of your misery when old and broken, and I guess you don't mean daughter but do mean the one you're having presently having unmarried sexual relations with, well, this seems like you are setting yourself up for a surprise when she decides that you at age 39 are old and broken. I mean good for you and her if that is your intent and all. If it isn't, well, have your people contact my people ASAP (before the end of this tax year, we need to offset somethings) and I am sure with the right amount of $ arrangements can be made. Your girl won't have to lift a finger when its decided you are old and broken.

5 Being able to afford turning down work offers must be nice. You should celebrate this. Not saying to take the job, saying good for you being thought of as a person others want to have work for them and good for you not needing to take every flashing of the almighty dollar. However, the real power move is turning down a promotion offer after an interview that you took on a whim, totally half-assed the thing, and have lots of credit card debt.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
sh!t Errb humbling in effect.

y’all are good people, and I’ve only met a few of you in real life.

I think the long hours have just been getting to me lately. I do very much appreciate what I got and what I do.

hopefully my girl didn’t take me too seriously, if you guys don’t hear from me it was nice knowing you good folk.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

32? You’re just a child!

Word of advice (for lack of a better term).

Time is more important than money (as long as you have enough money).

Always make sure you have some time.

Nobody on their death bed ever said, “I wish I would have worked more.”

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
32? You’re just a child!

Word of advice (for lack of a better term).

Time is more important than money (as long as you have enough money).

Always make sure you have some time.

Nobody on their death bed ever said, “I wish I would have worked more.”
Yeah I’m trying my best to put my 50-70+hr weeks behind me, and mostly have. But long hours are still inherent in my line of work, with exception of a few niche areas that I’m trying to work my way into.

but yeah, you’re 100% right

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
You’re just being a contrarian.
No, I never work a full time job for longer than six months.

In the last 20 years, I only worked two days a week.

This freaks out some of my students.

They will say "What do you do with the rest of your time?"

Me: "Oh, you know, a little bit of this and a little bit of that."

I did grade all weekend.

That sucks.