Think BING

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
cant recall if posted here or in TSJ monthly email. Irrespective, pretty boss and worth the re-share.

Fuggin love the stories and Stock. So much passion, grit and spirit for the love.

been loving riding my bing quiver for the past decade. (dharma 2.0 5’6”, dart 5’9”, gold standard 9’2” and levitator 11’0” with my kids on deck).

look forward to continue supporting them to keep the traditions and heritage going for the next generation to enjoi

PeederNorteRips

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jun 12, 2008
In Your Face
Visit site
Bing is one of the few who kept and retained records of his boards. Any Bing made up to 1971 can be verified in his files via the serial number, and he will provide a birth certificate showing the date it was made and where it was sold when new. By 1972 production moved to the G and S factory where Mike Eaton took over the bulk of the shaping.
On Facebook, look for Classic Bing Surfboards. Tom Moss runs the page but Bing checks in all the time.

Reactions: sponge

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
Bing is one of the few who kept and retained records of his boards. Any Bing made up to 1971 can be verified in his files via the serial number, and he will provide a birth certificate showing the date it was made and where it was sold when new. By 1972 production moved to the G and S factory where Mike Eaton took over the bulk of the shaping.
On Facebook, look for Classic Bing Surfboards. Tom Moss runs the page but Bing checks in all the time.
My friend's board was #2197. Bing sent this to me from his ledger.

bing_5.jpg

Reactions: rowjimmytour

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura
cant recall if posted here or in TSJ monthly email. Irrespective, pretty boss and worth the re-share.

Fuggin love the stories and Stock. So much passion, grit and spirit for the love.

been loving riding my bing quiver for the past decade. (dharma 2.0 5’6”, dart 5’9”, gold standard 9’2” and levitator 11’0” with my kids on deck).

look forward to continue supporting them to keep the traditions and heritage going for the next generation to enjoi

Thanks for sharing. That is some serious surfing history right there.2tJ9OSg.gif

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
I've always thought of Bing as the transitional brand for north county adult leaners with disposable income.
They are pricey new but IMHO, get what you pay for.
All of mine have been Craigslist finds second owners from exactly your point, except one dude who could rip but didnt care for the darts forward midpoint. Ridden a few times and didn’t click for them. They seem to always work for me, so I’ll take it! I’ll prolly pick up a new one in the next year or two, bonzer or log.