This was the best article ever written

Oct 12, 2020
Anyone remember an article in “Surfer” or “Surfing” magazine with Brad Gerlach on “how to surf” must have been from the early to mid 90’s. He went over how to do a “cut back” and other maneuvers. Was a multiple page article with great photos

I would love to get my hands on a copy of that mag or article.

• Haha
Reactions: rowjimmytour

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
was he talking about "imagine youre holding a broom handle" during a cutback?\

he said he was publishing a book on it

ell us a little about Wave Ki.

It’s the method of teaching that I developed through my study of martial arts with my two sensei’s Adrian Crook and Laura McCormac, adding in my countless hours of surfing. I teach people how to harness the power of the wave through efficient movement and awareness of themselves. Wave Ki is practiced on land and mimics surfing. It teaches people how to surf in a safe environment. Then it is up to them to do Wave Ki every day. My students who practice Wave Ki get better, the ones who practice every day get better faster. My most famous student is Conner Coffin. He has been doing Wave Ki for six years. Other students include rising stars Noah Hill and Taro Watanabe. They have been doing Wave Ki since they were 10 years old. My newest student is 15-year-old Max Beach and he has improved like crazy and is catching up to the other guys!

Last edited:

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
WaveKi by Brad Gerlach

Wave Ki is a land based moving method taught and practiced to help you surf with better timing/control-Practice on Land, Play in the Water since 2009 waveki.com

TangTonic

Nep status
Feb 24, 2011
Yeah its only like $30/month or $250/year to be on Gerr's program. Good on him for tapping into stupid people willing to give their money away.

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Education and the pursuit of self improvement is never a bad investment.

You can get ripped off but that is part of the education and the pursuit.

You correct as you progress.

The trip toward excellence and opportunity is full of dead ends and unexpected, unnecessary resource costs.

Last edited:

TangTonic

Nep status
Feb 24, 2011
Education and the pursuit of self improvement is never a bad investment.

You can get ripped off but that is part of the education and the pursuit.

You correct as you progress.

The trip toward excellence and opportunity is full of dead ends and unexpected, unnecessary resource costs.
A salient point and I concur! Have been dropping some duckets lately on various types of education and self improvement.

Oct 12, 2020
It was an entire magazine. I have it in my closet at home.
If I send you my email address would you be willing to send me a photo of the cover and a couple photos from inside the article?

Would mean a lot to me! It’s from when I started surfing and I have been looking for it for years.