Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
How about a hornets nest of Karens

McHatin

Nep status
Apr 11, 2010
I know that this is the 10,000th time that this scenario has happened, but whenever I visit my parents and surf my home break, I always get a “who tf are you?” look from a person who has only been surfing that spot for about 6 months

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017

Most radical thread ever that I read. Understand your pain , bitching to beginners during summer would make any of us feel worse even if a scrub.. Calling out + yelling in winter fully acceptable nevertheless many of us never in that position, lineup regulates itself during winter. Your thread validated me feeling old, changing of the guard. We old. Shell of our former self. Glory days long gone, always tell my buddies oh damn ten years ago did this + that. Who cares just sound like every other surf bum parking lot recalling epic sessions. All about new school & what you doing now. The rookieyoung bloods , beginners with the future right now. Feel this mood about other fields , young more hungry. Old past their time . Just look lame share old story , real time always better

....huh?

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Guaranteed ways to have fun every time you go surfing.

Think of how there’s a bunch of kids in hospital beds with horrible medical conditions wishing they could ride waves as they watch surf vids on YouTube.

Find a special moment every time you paddle out. Maybe a rad squadron of Pelicans flying by or a perfectly backlit curl etc.

Remember ever time someone drops in on you on purpose they’re admitting that at that precise moment in time, you’re the better surfer.

I hated getting dropped in so much that I couldn’t bring myself to do it in retaliation.
Not enough of a Buddha that I didnt develop a covert method for closing out peoples waves that had stuffed me when I got lucky enough to be paddling out in front of them as they were coming down the line.

Reactions: Havoc

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
i accidentally ran a guy over yesterday.
didn't see him til it was too late cause i was eye-balling the guy who dropped in on me.
3 fins across his bare back.
no contact (!!) cause i mini chopped-hopped it.
super lucky for both of us.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth

Malibu “no armed guards? Amateurs “

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
i think i burned a guy yesterday, but i'm pretty sure he back paddled me, so all in all, i just 2020

Reactions: Havoc

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Surfing in a crowd is like dating in a nudist colony. The guy with the biggest dick gets all the action. Want more action? Grow a bigger dick.
Do you know who the most popular person guy is at a nudist colony?

The one who can carry a dozen doughnuts and two cups of coffee at the same time.

For the lady, I dunno, carrying 2 cups of coffee and a dozen donut holes? That's a punchline to the old joke above that hasn't been created yet.

I am not sure where this connects to not getting burned in a crowd, though. But it does help to surf leashless - nothing better than sensing a backpaddler trying to grab your leash and yelling back, "No leash, bitch!" That only reminds me how I despise surfing Salt Creek though.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Last edited: