Found Surfboard north of Santa Cruz

Iceman

Phil Edwards status
Apr 1, 2002
NorCenCal
Found surfboard by the reefs up at Waddell Creek on Tuesday evening. Might have blown downwind from the parking lot area. Send me a message with the description and it's yours again!

Last edited:

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Can you give a description, including condition and shaper, maybe even a photo? That would make it easier to verify if it's one of ours. We have the tendency to loose really nice boards with solid, usually tinted, glassing. But we don't usually lose beaters.

Iceman

Phil Edwards status
Apr 1, 2002
NorCenCal
What's crazy is that I stumbled upon the board while helping to retrieve a sail on the beach that a foiler was using. He lost his sail trying to save a kite and rigging that had become separated from it's rider. The wind was whipping so everything was getting away pretty quick.

Walked the length of the beach with the found board expecting to have somebody run up and day "Oh you found my board!" Nothing though. Weird.

Aug 30, 2018
What's crazy is that I stumbled upon the board while helping to retrieve a sail on the beach that a foiler was using. He lost his sail trying to save a kite and rigging that had become separated from it's rider. The wind was whipping so everything was getting away pretty quick.

Walked the length of the beach with the found board expecting to have somebody run up and day "Oh you found my board!" Nothing though. Weird.
Makes you wonder what happened to the person who owned the board?