Taylor Knox at 48

Firebird

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 5, 2010
OC
Good guy.
David Scales just did a great interview with him a few weeks ago.

Reactions: jkb

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
He and Luke Egan were two of my favorite guys to watch in good waves, awesome edit!

Reactions: jkb

sdsurfrat

Michael Peterson status
Jun 2, 2008
SOOO GOOOD!!!
Some of the best rail work in the game.(y)
and Chris Borst still spinning 5's at 45ish years of age:shaka:

Reactions: SharkBoy

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
This clip led me to watch his older "Arc" film, it's amazing what 20 years can do. He looked to be surfing twice as fast. That film is a top notch display of power and speed (y)

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
He's been the surfer I've always pointed my boys to emulate. Any time I see a new part or edit with Taylor I've made it a point to show it to them. This is what great surfing really is. Taylor and Pete Mendia in my humble opinion are two of the greatest under the radar pro surfers ever. Perhaps even more so with Pete Mendia. On rail power surfing and barrel riding are more impressive to me than airs.

Last edited:

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
HIs style is so much more relatable to me than spinny air trick surfing. The nuances of the modern approach are way too abstract for me to follow, maybe because I'm 50 and have only landed one successful air my entire surfing career. Lippers, carves and floaters will always seem raddest to me. Go TK!

Last edited:
Reactions: Subway

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Bonzer sighting.

The TK personal file is a REALLY nice looking board.

Reactions: kpd73

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
He's been the surfer I've always pointed my boys to emulate. Any time I see a new part or edit with Taylor I've made it a point to show it to them. This is what great surfing really is. Taylor and Pete Mendia in my humble opinion are two of the greatest under the radar pro surfers ever.
Not trying to start an argument. But how is TK an under the radar pro? I'm in my mid 30s and almost everyone I grew up with loved his surfing.

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
HIs style is so much more relatable to me than spinny air trick surfing. The nuances of the modern approach are way to abstract for me to follow, maybe because I'm 50 and have only landed one successful air my entire surfing career. Lippers, carves and floaters will always seem raddest to me. Go TK!
I'm with you. I always wanted to surf like he does. The fact that he and Slater can still rip at their age is inspiring.

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
Slater kinda sucked all the air out of that room.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
faster 20 years ago
I'm not sure about that

I saw him in jbay a few years ago and he was the fastest, most consistently powerful surfer I have ever seen. It was next level sh!t.

I also saw him surfing maxed Ponto last fall and he didn't look like he was showing any signs of slowing.

Reactions: ANIMA

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
I'm not sure about that

I saw him in jbay a few years ago and he was the fastest, most consistently powerful surfer I have ever seen. It was next level sh!t.

I also saw him surfing maxed Ponto last fall and he didn't look like he was showing any signs of slowing.
Isn't it cool to watch someone at his level surf?

You see the local rippers and some C level pros doing airs and it's ok to watch. But very rarely am I actually impressed when surfing next to them. But, when you see someone like Knox surf it is just mind blowing. You realize just how far ahead their skills are compared to everyone else.