Why don't more shapers describe surfboards by rocker curve?

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
I really like Mike's brief description of the various rockers he uses on his website: https://www.psillakissurfboards.com.au/pages/rockers

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Or you could’ve helped out a fellow shaper by informing him in Hawaii and California, well probably everywhere, his Twinzer is called a Super Twin and send him a pic of a Twinzer. Took me less than 5 minutes. Less time than perusing his website for mistakes.
If you delete your post I’ll delete mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: rowjimmytour

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
"Less time than perusing his website for mistakes."

Kinda always looking at the worst .

I just took a look at his site to see what he said about rockers

Then looked at what he made .

I thought his Twinzer would interest posters here and posted that

No evil intentions and no reason to contact him .

Back to fin making -

Bman76

Nep status
Mar 10, 2011
Right, so he has a board that's a twin fin that he names a 'twinzer'. And in the USA that's a different design. Just to let you know - there are very few shapers over here that make 'twinzers' - I know of one - and he's American. Furthermore, even less people ride them. In thirty years of surfing, i've never seen one in the flesh/foam over here. Lastly, Mike makes the Campbell Brothers Bonzers under license over here, working closely with Rhino Laminating. So i imagine he knows some stuff about design. I for one have had a number of his boards. He's a great shaper. But thank you for pointing out this atrocious flaw and posting it for everyone on this thread. I hope it makes you feel good to be right all the time, Greg.

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
We all could contact every board builder who makes "Twins" that have a 3rd plug

Or we could correct everyone who makes 5 Fins when they are only ridden with 3 or 4 at a time - not 5 .

One person calling their Twin + trailer a Twinzer is nothing compared these Yuuge "mistakes" being made all over the world . ;-)

Time to lighten up errbers

Bman76

Nep status
Mar 10, 2011
We all could contact every board builder who makes "Twins" that have a 3rd plug

Or we could correct everyone who makes 5 Fins when they are only ridden with 3 or 4 at a time - not 5 .

One person calling their Twin + trailer a Twinzer is nothing compared these Yuuge "mistakes" being made all over the world . ;-)

Time to lighten up errbers
Then take the link down - why would actively try and make another shaper look bad or 'stupid'? I don't hate you - i don't even know you. But posting that just to make someone look stupid is really low in my opinion. I posted a link to his site because he makes a point of discussing his various rockers. You then search out a board that is incorrectly named and post it? WTF?

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
why would actively try and make another shaper look bad or 'stupid'?

Not my thought at ALL - you are projecting what I was thinking

I had fun with Taryn who runs Erics shop when she said 5 Fin
I said they were not 5 fin boards , it was a fun discussion , no ones feathers were ruffled

Bman76

Nep status
Mar 10, 2011
I don't care about Taryn who runs a shop.

I'm not projecting. All I am asking you to do is take down the image. It has nothing to do with rocker. It is bringing his brand into disrepute.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

feralseppo

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 28, 2006
I don't care about Taryn who runs a shop.

I'm not projecting. All I am asking you to do is take down the image. It has nothing to do with rocker. It is bringing his brand into disrepute.
The page Greg linked to discusses one of the aforementioned rockers before everyone gets their panties in a bunch.

feralseppo

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 28, 2006
I did. I read the rocker page too. And yes I noticed the board is called a Twinzer BFD. People have all different names for their models and lots of the same names are used by multiple shapers. Being he is in Australia, I don't find the shaper naming his twin model the Twinzer anything out of the ordinary given Australian use of slang. But I know it is one more gift to jump in GG's sh!t.

Continue on.

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
does seem silly to call a twin fin a twinzer. and doesnt will j have "twinzer" trademarked?

check out my bonzer: 1582589558279.png

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc

feralseppo

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 28, 2006
does seem silly to call a twin fin a twinzer. and doesnt will j have "twinzer" trademarked?

check out my bonzer: View attachment 86815
Except Psillakiss is not claiming the fin set up or the board is a Twinzer. It is just a model name he is using. He can use whatever model name he wants.