Am I the only one who thinks this thing looks pretty difficult to surf?

CCKeith

Gerry Lopez status
May 13, 2014
it looks easy to cruze but istn it supposed to be to riiiip n surf radical? total tracking out of turns my knees are tweaked just watching it

Reactions: Havoc

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
He surfed it pretty well compared to other boards I've seen him ride in his other videos. I think I'd have more appreciation for his surfing in person. I've watched video of days I've been out and thought certain people who I thought were ripping that particular day, on video; their performances looked kind of meh. I don't think Craig is a ripper, but I'm sure if I was out surfing with him I'd give him "nice turn" comment for a couple of the little rebounds he did.

Reactions: retodd and Bman76

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Yeah. Those cameras are a real downer. Thought I really shredded a wave only to find out I am a complete kook on my feet. The big guy shreds compared to me.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
his reviews are much more relatable. I think he surfs decent. he does do that weird zombie arm thing, though I'm sure I wouldn't look any better if you filmed me surfing. I also pretty much ride the exact same size boards as him

Last edited:

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
BTW, I thought at minimum the whole "fins for the board" concept might be a booster for GG, but alas...
What would happen if I went and showed him what I know ? This is what I told you I wanted to do - a twin would be the simplest to do this with . I would love to correct in person some of his theories' and have him feel things he's never going to feel .
My customers know it and feel it .
He could not use it since its so against the industry's norm which he needs to operate in .

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
I tried to get the ball rolling on this - a 5 fin.

I had talked to Noel.

Griff said he thought he should review a twin instead. Didn't seem interested really.

A twin is a bit less exciting IMO - the 5 fin is the GG special.

But if you want to start a GoFundMe I'd gladly contribute.
I have an idea for you guys. Chip in and have GG make a board for Deforest. Hoverboard or whatever GG thinks will help DC progress. DC can solo shot the f*ck out of it, he gets to try something other than a Tomo, custom made for him. You guys can compare DCs surfing to his clips on his Tomos. GG gets paid for a board and will have a clip of his board and fins in action. Win, win , win.

#freedeforest.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I have an idea for you guys. Chip in and have GG make a board for Deforest. Hoverboard or whatever GG thinks will help DC progress. DC can solo shot the f*ck out of it, he gets to try something other than a Tomo, custom made for him. You guys can compare DCs surfing to his clips on his Tomos. GG gets paid for a board and will have a clip of his board and fins in action. Win, win , win.

#freedeforest.

I like this one too.

He and I are pretty much the exact same size, sooo.....:sneaky:

Last edited:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
What would happen if I went and showed him what I know ? This is what I told you I wanted to do - a twin would be the simplest to do this with . I would love to correct in person some of his theories' and have him feel things he's never going to feel .
My customers know it and feel it .
He could not use it since its so against the industry's norm which he needs to operate in .
Like this too.

I know he's open to it.

Let's get something going.

sdsurfrat

Michael Peterson status
Jun 2, 2008
I was in Surfride Oside today stocking up on earplugs, wax, sunblock, (I'm such a chitty consumer..) anyway they have a full size run of these CI Fishbeards if any of you guys want some free feel ups.