Whatever happened to Roy Stewart?

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
thanks, I'm thinking that might not be him? No mention of his music industry career and the whole Catholic Church supporter bit seems like a stretch.
Maybe not, hopefully not. Same name and state, but despite being the smallest state it wouldn’t be the most surprising thing.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
That is definitely Jim_V from the erbb. I had some back and forth with him years ago in PM's - now since deleted during the erBB reformatting - and I knew his last name started with 'vent'. Quite a life the dude led. Ask not for whom the bell tolls...
Yep I spent some time living up in RI and at some point he introduced himself via Pm so I knew the name matched up. Never met him in person though

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
No it doesn’t. He’s around OT’s age, not 16 years older than me.
Obituary for James J. Ventry

James J. Ventry, 80, of Bradford Road, Bradford, passed away at his home on Thursday, February 2, 2017.

Born in Westerly, he was the son of the late James and Bombina Ventry. He was a graduate of Westerly High School, Class of 1954, where he earned a varsity letter in baseball.

Gotta be a different guy?

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I definitely somehow remember 'vent' something in his name.
The mystery deepens. Maybe he'll reach out to us from the grave.
It’s unlikely but possible that the poster in question may have adapted a screen name other than his own. ;)

He did sound work so that doesn’t mesh with the obit.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
I pretty clearly remember ventry and Rhode Island. The age seems weird for sure, but there’s mention of a nick name “wild man of surf” and some ESA related stuff associated with the few other stuff that comes up in a name search.