Am I the only one who thinks this thing looks pretty difficult to surf?

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
personally I wouldn't buy one, looks too one dimensional. more of a cruisy carvey type of board, mfeb's style was nice in this clip. would get a rocket wide before one of these, the mayham swordfish looks good from what i've seen.

Reactions: Waterlogged05

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
You might be. I don't think it looks difficult to surf at all and looks like a great board to be. Sort of in line with a hanel or stamps keel but pulled in even more

casa why do you think it looks hard to surf?

Last edited:

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Watching everyone try to surf it like a thruster turned me off because really what's the point. But after watching mister February highline a few sections and hold his rail through downcarves into a bottom turn made me think this might be a board I would possibly enjoy. I would like to see it ridden in smaller/junk surf and not just perfect trestles which makes every board look like a winner.

Last edited:

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Yeah let's see some video of pros or good surfers riding it since that's what we're talking about. (Griff).
I think it's only fair. As for other criticism. I've seen some good footage on the lost swordfish but nothing that blows this board away,

You can tell sage hasn't ridden boards like this much, as a lot of great surfers. In the CI video I disagree with aruka (that doesn't happen often). This board is not meant to be ridden like a conventional keel fish... sort of a hybrid, and with that in mind I think it looks like it works insane. I really enjoy watching the surfing on this board. I'm usually with the camp of "let's see this in small surf" but IMO this is not a keel you'd ride in junk surf. In fact most keels don't work well in small junk surf; it's not what it was designed for. Sure, some of the modern fish work reasonably well but you get my point.

Gonna have to disagree with the negativity on this bore

Reactions: Ifallalot and Aruka