Von Sol Vortex

aldo

Nep status
Aug 13, 2012
Bahamas
Just received a new Shadow and notice quite a difference with the hex glass stilettos. Have gone back to the red glass ones and all is good. Such an incredible shape.I have tried it with twin and trailer and as a thruster but it loses a lot.

Time Machine is money too. Love to get a Twinzer next.

deforestcooper

Nep status
Nov 1, 2016
California
www.instagram.com
Oceanslide said:
Jeez, I’ve owned most, and sometimes multiple variations of each model. So many good
ones and the Vortex looks like a blast...seems like a round nosed Mystic, which would be
$, as that’s one of my favs. I love had lots of great boards over the years, and all
of my best ones and most of my quiver have been from VS.
I've heard the Vortex is good... but the Manta is probably the best model. This friend (who is a huge VS fan) said I should hold off on the Vortex and get a Manta! lol.

What do you think Joey?

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Deforest: This seems like your ballpark dims.

http://usedsurf.com/50-von-sol-vortex-used-surfboard-17813/

Oceanslide

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2008
Oceanside, CA
deforest said:
Oceanslide said:
Jeez, I’ve owned most, and sometimes multiple variations of each model. So many good
ones and the Vortex looks like a blast...seems like a round nosed Mystic, which would be
$, as that’s one of my favs. I love had lots of great boards over the years, and all
of my best ones and most of my quiver have been from VS.
I've heard the Vortex is good... but the Manta is probably the best model. This friend (who is a huge VS fan) said I should hold off on the Vortex and get a Manta! lol.

What do you think Joey?
If you can only get one, and based on the many Tomo boards you already have, I'd go Manta.
My favorite design. Although...why limit yourself to one? ;-)

Jul 20, 2008
I can't reply about the Vortex but I did just get a Manta. About 6 sessions so far in knee high up to shoulder and for me it's about a good as it gets for a groveler. Mine came with stilettos and I added the nub. So much fun! I'm wanting a Time Machine next for better than average conditions.

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
Man I might pull the trigger on the vortex if you don't :D
I want the manta more but im 5'8" 140 and I shuld probably go with the 5 Oh

squattyfk

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 7, 2010
Reinfecting HB in the OC soon
Havoc4k said:
ifallalot said:
I've never owned a Von Sol but I've enjoyed the ride on every single one I've tried out
They all work.

Manta and ahadow perfect 2 boar alt quiver. May have to hit sean up for another shadow.

I like his eps builds too.
Listen to havoc!

I rode a friend’s shadow a couple of weeks ago. Bit too much foam and length for me but sure smoothed out my turns. Considering both lower volumed shadow and manta now.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Guys, don’t be afraid of foam in a Manta. It’s meant to be an uber grovellor that can work as a longboard replacement. The smaller you go, the more of the low end you lose. Plus the rails are very foiled.

Reactions: donger