Recent content by sdlocal

1. S

The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

Another vote for Feral. Best price, customer service, most reliable, they just work.
  2. S

Rusty Slayer vs. Driver 3.0 Round

I had a squash tail Driver 2.0 and now have a round tail 3.0. While the dimensions aren't exactly the same I found the new Driver to be very user friendly for a good wave shortboard even more so than the 2.0. If you're looking for a board to just get barreled on, the slayer with its wide point...
  3. S

Fins for sale

Received the fins yesterday. They were just as described. Would do business again, thanks!
  4. S

Sold: 5' 8" Gary Hanel Quad Fish

Back on the market. Last call at 325 before it heads to the consignment rack.
  5. S

FS: 5'3" Von Sol Manta

PM me about shipping. I haven't shipped a board before but let's talk through it.
  6. S

FS: 5'3" Von Sol Manta

I have a Von Sol Manta for sale. Dims are 5'3 x 21 1/2 x 2 5/8. EPS/Epoxy with a blue spray. I just got another one so I need to clear some room in the garage. Board is in great shape and comes with fins (including nub which is not pictured.) Located in Carlsbad. $350 Bro deal for forum members...
  7. S

Bump. 350 bro deal in effect. Updated ad. https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/spo/d/carlsbad-gary-hanel-58-quad-fish/7616332078.html
  8. S

Von Sol Manta Sizing

I just ordered a new custom pointed nose version from Sean. He said two inches. FWIW I also ordered the stringered version based on his input from his personal board. It was noticeably lighter than the stringerless version. He said they glass stringerless boards 6-4/6 and and stringered...
  9. S

Von Sol Manta Sizing

I think you'll like the extra volume. In my opinion, it really makes a difference in a groveler. The rails are pretty foiled too so you shouldn't have any trouble sinking them.
  10. S

Von Sol Manta Sizing

I'm not exactly sure where I got this but the attachment has volumes for some models including the Manta.
  11. S

Von Sol Manta Sizing

5’3 x 21 1/2 x 2 5/8. Also keep in mind the chop nosed version rides like a board roughly two inches longer.
  12. S

Von Sol Manta Sizing

I'm 175 lbs and ride a 5'3 for reference. You could do a 5'2, or a 5'4 if you want more volume/grovel.
  13. S

Von Sol 'Flying Manta' stub groveler

That board looks incredible. How much longer did you go compared to the snub nosed version, if you had one?
  14. S

I've got a Hanel Quad Fish for sale. See listing below. https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/spo/d/carlsbad-gary-hanel-58-quad-fish/7608855296.html $375 for forum members. Local pickup in Carlsbad. PM if you want to take a look or have questions.
  15. S

Anyone into Single Malt Scotch Whisky?

I'm not familiar with Go City, but it looks promising based on their website. I didn't look through it but sometimes passes have blackout dates. I would check first to make sure your travel doesn't fall into one of those.