Recent content by ParkingLotHero

1. P

Vans Pipe Masters: 2023

The best woman surfer of all time at Pipeline is Sharon Weber. Single fins. No leashes no lifeguards. Nobody on the beach. No glory. No reason to risk it other than the love. Took off deep. Bottom turned. Slotted. Came in. Drove Stanley Parks, her bother, me and a couple of our friends back...
  2. P

Official Biden 2023 State Of The Union Thread

Biden wiped the floor with Republicans in the SOTU speech, and this despite his great age, dementia, and terrible oration skills.
  3. P

Can we revisit Biden's State Of The Union Social Security accusation?

If nobody was able to change their ideas in almost 50 years, you'd probably still be a reasonable person.
  4. P

The Yin and Yang of Gerry Lopez (upcoming streaming film)

Somebody should have asked him about Lightning Bolt Colitas, and why he had to leave Hawaii. It's a great story that many would like to forget.
  5. P

RIP ben aipa.

When I was about 13 I got my head slapped by Ben at Number 3s for going on his wave. (For those of you who’ve never experienced a good Hawaiian head slapping, it’s not a punch. It’s a flick of the wrist with the knuckle of one finger connecting with a knuckle head. Not really painful, but very...
  6. P

R.I.P. Surfer Magazine

This is another testament to the failure of capitalism. As soon as American Media bought the title the writing was on the wall. They borrowed money to purchase, immediately paid out the standing capital to themselves as though they had earned it, then couldn’t service the debt because there were...
  7. P

CA Property Taxes

Let’s not forget that when Trump gave a giant tax break to corporations and the 1% he also eliminated the mortgage interest deduction, a measure specifically meant to screw California. But remember, since California is a blue state, it’s the Democrats fault, not Trumps. Am I right Magats?
  8. P

Crowded California

My big worry is that when I turn 80, the breaks will be crowded with 80 year olds.
  9. P

Fauci Said Cruises Were OK on March 9 – Fauci Said Malls, Movies, Gyms Were OK on Feb. 29 — Now He Wants to Blame Trump for His Failures

Trump wants to blame C-19 on Obama, so whoever wants to blame anyone else for whatever they want should go right ahead. It's presidential!
  10. P

Steamer Lane, 1965

I would like to point out how shitty most boards were in 1965. They didn't call them pig boards for nothing. A term used to describe something that happened way too often on those boards--spinning out--has nearly left the lexicon. As has the phrase, "he pearled up to his neck!"
  11. P

Come on Surfline, deliver full value

I’ve been a Surfline subscriber since before their implementation of Webcams because I was interested in their forecasts. The forecasts are, to me, the most valuable part of their service. Since Coronavirus hit they’ve greatly reduced the forecast product. At first I figured they were just...